New York and a little revelation

Taking a nap was not exactly a good idea. As much as I needed some sleep after the flight, waking up from it, I felt even more tired somehow. Maybe, because an hour of sleep was nothing more than a tease for my tired body. Especially, with so many things happening that morning.

I woke up and notified Diana about my location. We were supposed to meet that evening but with the turns of events, I had to call her and cancel it. I have to say that she was a lot more eager about my trip to New York than I was, though. She commented on the news with the phrase: "Oh my God, New York? That's so romantic!", apparently meaning a lot more by it than it was in reality. But I couldn't stop my friend from thinking things about me and Marshall so all I did was appeasing her curiosity with all the details.

In fact, I wanted to share it with her maybe even more than she wanted to hear it. I just didn't admit it like that. Because how could I? I had a perfect legend of liking Josh a lot and I had to stick to it for my own well-being. Diana could've never heard anything about my real attitude to Marshall.

I still had quite a lot of time before meeting Teala for shopping so taking shower and change was the best thing to do. It was only after that when I could just sit on the sofa and observe the hotel room, eating and drinking my coffee in a white cup with a thin gold border. Oh, the expensive life I wasn't used to.

My home for a New York trip was one big room in creamy colors. A queen-sized bed was standing on the elevation covered in white sheets, already wrinkled from my nap but still appealing to the sight, giving me an urge to come back to sleep. To the left to it, there was a bathroom door slightly opened and a fluffy robe hanging on the hook. Not far away from it stood a wooden drawer with my make-up and other essential things and a big square mirror above it.

The other half of the room was a sitting area with two old-fashioned sofas and a few chairs around a rather big coffee table. It was lightened by the sunny weather of spring New York, penetrating through the narrow to the floor windows, champagne silky curtains calmly flying on the wind.

I leaned back on the sofa, slowly sipping my coffee. It was something like 4 pm, and I wondered what Marshall was doing that minute. My thoughts returned to him the very minute I let them, recalling in my mind all the events of the past days and urging for continuation. And I honestly, couldn't help it.

I suddenly realized I hadn't called or texted Josh. We had some plans together that week, and the New York trip crashed them down, leaving nothing after it. I knew I had to tell him where I was and explain everything but somehow I had no actual desire to do that. I just didn't want to feel guilty about ruining our plans and something was telling me that that time it would've been a lot more difficult to deal with all of it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the knock on the door. I turned my head to it slowly and it repeated again a few times. I got up and checked myself in the mirror briefly, not even knowing why. Probably, it was instinct, or maybe, I just hoped that it was somebody in particular behind that door. But touching the doorknob and opening it, I saw Teala standing on my threshold with a warm smile on her lips.

'Hey' she greeted in a friendly way, her big eyes lined with long eyeliner wings studying my face. She was all ready and changed too with her long dark hair laying on her shoulders, and I had to admit that it was nice to see her. Somehow Teala came across as one of those people who are just pleasant to be around, and I couldn't deny it. 'Hope, I didn't disturb you. May I come in?'

'Yeah, sure, it's okay. Welcome,' I answered a little awkwardly for some reason and let her enter the room. She easily walked in her confident manner, and I thought that in the way she was carrying herself was surely something from Fifty, even though I couldn't say that they were alike. Perhaps, they could at least play two sides of the same coin.