Late-night buddies Pt 1

I didn't know where it all was leading. Marshall's decision was like a lightning on a sunny summer day just when the weather broadcast promised the opposite so I was completely unaware of what was happening. The problem was, I honestly couldn't process the thought that Marshall fucking Mathers was giving me a helping hand in that kind of way, just taking me to his place instead of finding the nearest hotel or even leaving me alone with my own problems. Well, looks like something that seems obvious at first, in reality, can be not that definite.

After a 20-minute drive without any words but the lingering sound of a radio, we arrived at the gates of what could only be called "mansion". In the dark, it was hard to see the real scope of Marshall's estate but there was no need as I didn't expect anything from it, I just wasn't thinking about it. It was nothing too crazy but surely way too far from my own apartment and definitely incomparable to the room in a hotel. And maybe, I had to be fairly honest and say that I wasn't that interested in the entourage. But more in the person next to me as I was almost terrified and excited at the same time about the next thing he could say or do.

Marshall parked in a garage, making every move in a matter of habit. I could imagine him doing it every day after coming from the studio, and somehow that detail felt a bit intimate. That night we were spending too much time together and I wasn't used to it. Everything was unusual and dream-like. Except, I couldn't decide if that was a good one or more like a plot at the beginning of horror movie where Marshall had to kill me and bury my body on his backyard. I bet no one could ever find me there in that case. Not even Denaun or Royce. Perhaps, I could only count on Paul but surely not that much.

'Let's go' Marshall spoke, making me stop producing all those ridiculous thoughts, as we hopped out of the car and reached the door of the house. Somehow his behaviour was making the situation look like not a big deal with a calm expression and unreadable eyes. And I thought that I could do the same, nodding to him, but I was way too nervous to feel comfortable. Well, not every night you spend at Eminem's house. Especially, when you work for him and you are not really friends, right?

'I thought that you lived with your kids. Won't they mind you inviting me over for the night?' I asked when Marshall closed the door behind me, and we found ourselves in the huge living room, all in semi-darkness thanks to the clear May night.

'You already sound like I invited you as a nightstand and we have just come in' he chuckled, throwing the keys on the drawer and making his way to the kitchen area that was just behind the big soft sofa and a TV. I instantly felt the blush making its way to my cheeks, and I was the happiest person on the planet, knowing that he wouldn't see it. Hell, the beginning was already making things hard for me.

'They usually wouldn't because I would explain everything' he continued talking, not waiting for my answer and switching on the small light in the kitchen. 'But today there is no need for that. Kids are on Europe trip with Kim for about a month. I've promised this one for a long time but with a release of a new album couldn't go so she kinda offered to do it this way'.

Oh, so that was why Kim could ask him to come to her earlier, I thought. And it also could be a reason for him not picking me up for a few days in the mornings. Why did knowing those details make me feel a bit relieved? I was getting way too involved with all the women surrounding Marshall, and that didn't feel like a good sign.

'Oh, okay' I mumbled not really sure what to say. It was like midnight outside so the only logical thing would be for us to go to sleep. But somewhere deep inside I had an urge to prolong that weird state we unexpectedly happened to be in because I knew that there would be no other night like that. Wow, sounds like I wanted to use that possibility to get closer to him. No, no, no. That's bullshit.