Yachts and trusts

It was fair to say, I didn't expect to love Miami that much.

Of course, my adoration was perhaps too easy to explain considering all the events that had happened prior to it. If I had been just a regular music journalist, doing my job, I would've looked at the trip to Miami as just one more visit to the seaside and a few interesting days to spend. I don't think I would've admired or even thought about it as something worth mentioning. But I wasn't just a regular music journalist.

I was the journalist who fell hard for the main hero of her articles and couldn't look at it as simply work anymore.

At last, how could I not like Miami? For the first time since I'd met Marshall, it was like I could feel free around him. No hostility between the two of us, no anxiety, no worries. No messed-up thoughts in my head and stupid fears. We didn't really know where it was all going but it seemed to flow smoothly without our help, and I could actually hope that we wouldn't part ways forever when the project was over.

Would we?

The whole Detroit squad or whatever silly name you could call us spent the dinner at Dre's friends with great pleasure. I and Marshall danced a lot, laughed a lot, and ate every delicious meal on the menu until it got too much. Royce, Denaun, and Ciarra were gladly following the blueprint, and with Dre at our table from time to time, nobody really wanted to leave that building on the shore. It was a careless, fun evening that I would certainly remember for long. I truly hoped they remembered it too.

Some part of me wanted to go back to the hotel to share the room with Marshall. He, though, unexpectedly played gentleman, making sure I was at my door and wished me goodnight briefly. We still weren't used to being so simple with each other, and I knew it was the reason why he left.

Also, with the huge focus of press on Dre and Marshall together in Miami, we had to be careful not to violate our image. We knew it would affect the articles for "Wave". It never occurred to me that expressing any signs of affection between us would ruin the whole idea of articles. I mean, I knew the rules and the consequences.

But to be honest, I never expected us to go that far.

When I was only trying to figure out what that "far" actually meant, this morning we were invited to Dre's yacht. Rumors had it that there was a small studio in it, a club, and lots of stuff that you can't even imagine to fit in a single boat. Needless to say, that was intriguing enough. Fifty and Teala were supposed to come from New York too so that should've been a great day to look forward to. Which was what I did, choosing my best possible beige swimsuit and a cherry-colored summer dress.

The sky looked cloudless, reflecting in the aquamarine water of the ocean as my bare feet were making their way along the wooden dock. Dozens and dozens of small and big yachts on my way were glistening under the blinding light of the 12 o'clock sun, looking expensive and threatening with their greatness. I stopped in front of an especially huge one and raised my head to observe it better.

Yep, I surely now had a fascination for boats.

We were all supposed to meet on the dock at 12 something that day. I, however, couldn't wait for that long and decided to make a little walk in the city, dropping at the meeting place earlier than intended. Nobody was at the dock when I arrived but it was getting late already and I stepped on a small wooden platform near the yacht to look if I could see someone better from that height.

Making a wrong move and losing my balance, though, I saw the water under the dock like never before and got ready to experience a swim I certainly wasn't ready for.

Who knewOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara