Bossy

It seemed like coming home had never been weirder. And it wasn't like I didn't miss Detroit. In fact, rushing in all of these new places and cities, attending dinners and events, meeting new people had already become a bit overwhelming for me, and all I needed was a weekend at home and a couple of good old routine days to get back to normal. But was it actually possible, for everything to become normal after that trip?

Receiving the text from Josh, I felt a wave of guilt washing over me right on the beach while Marshall was getting our dinner. I wasn't fair when it came to leaving Josh in the dark, and I had to deal with it as soon as possible. I didn't want to lie so I texted him back and we agreed to meet and talk in Detroit. That should have been the right thing to do.

Marshall and I stayed at the beach not as long as I wanted to but the night came quickly and we had to get back, finishing our dinner and whatever conversation was going between us. After him carrying me out the water, we didn't dare to bring up any risky topics so all the word exchange between us remained casual and careful. Unfortunately, the way it should have been from now on.

We returned to the house Paul rented for us pretty late in the evening to meet Royce and Denaun's smirky faces that however, received no explanations after Marshall ordered them to "Wipe the fucking smiles off your faces and go to sleep". He called Dre to apologize for what happened but apparently, didn't get any negative reaction too so the whole situation was solved way easier than I expected. The only thing was that those dorks kept grinning and winking at me foolishly for the whole flight back, and I was pretty sure that it wouldn't have ended in Detroit either. Oh well, what did I expect anyway?

There was no special agreement between me and Marshall. But somehow we reduced our interaction to a minimum on the way to Detroit, and all I could do was stealing glances at him here and there, catching him once or twice on the same action. The memory of Marshall's words on the beach was too fresh for both of us and I, personally, couldn't spend a fucking minute without thinking of it. He seemed so confident about his words that genuinely speaking, I wasn't able to find the reason for it being just a mocking. But I shouldn't have concentrated on that.

Coming back to my apartment, I had a few important calls to make. Jeff was interested in the articles, Diana was interested in "all the dirty details" that I had no urge to reveal, and I even received a call from Trevor who was trying to give me some advice on hip hop. Which I, honestly, successfully failed to concentrate on. Overall, life was slowly taking its usual rhythm, and I didn't know if I should've felt happy or sad about it.

The next morning after landing in Detroit I was standing near my favorite coffee shop, sipping some black coffee without sugar mindlessly and holding another cup in my hand. It was an hour or so before work, the weather was grey and cloudy, giving me an unfortunate hint for rain, and I was impatiently waiting for Josh who was supposed to be there in 5 or 10 minutes. Something unpleasant and guilty was forming in my stomach, and I was silently hoping not to be late for work.

'Hey'.

Suddenly I heard Josh's voice behind my back and turned around to meet his neutral glance of brown eyes and an unreadable expression. His slightly curled chestnut hair was flying on the wind gently, the bright T-Shirt with some indie group on it was making him look a bit younger,  and I thought that it was likely the main problem of his for me. Josh always got that image of a nice sweet boy to him, and even though there was nothing wrong with it, I found myself not that keen on the sight. Or maybe, I was just too busy thinking about someone else to look past it.

'Hey, that's for you' I let out an awkward smile in response, handing Josh the cup with coffee and avoiding his glance at all costs. I knew that explaining things wouldn't have been easy because I really fucked up, and I hated being in that position with anyone.