On the edge

Marshall left me blushing and smiling all the way to my room.

That was the feeling I'd never expected to get, agreeing to work for "Wave" in this project. Thinking back about meeting Marshall for the first time, it was hard to imagine him being the cause of my good mood and smitten expression. At first, I wasn't even sure if we could actually talk.

Now I couldn't take away my thoughts from his words and touches even for a small pitiful moment of being on Dre's yacht.

He said I wasn't going to spend the night in my room and it wasn't a question. Well, I could barely express the feeling he was giving me every time I felt like his. Only a short period of time ago, I had no urge to be with someone. But of course, with Marshall, everything felt like an exception and naturally, nothing felt like my stupid plans.

Unable to get rid of the pleasantly nervous sensation after my... Let's say, an encounter with Marshall. ...I hurried to change my swimsuit to the more appropriate attire for the dinner on a yacht: a simple satin navy blue dress on straps: my usual style. I wanted to look good and confident that night for my own self but, of course, more like for Marshall. He made it clear he wasn't going to let me go so easily after everyone would go to their rooms.

And who was I not to let myself a little bit of anticipation?

The dinner went pretty much normal except for a couple of times when Marshall and I would meet glances across the table. He was fully busy in conversation with Dre and Fifty, Royce and Denaun joining them from time to time while we had our own circle with Teala and Ciarra. Surprisingly, the girls didn't ask anything about the events connected to the whole pole thing and honestly, I was glad for it. I was afraid I would've given out all my emotions through the prominent redness on my cheeks or silly inappropriate answers. There were also a bunch of people like producers, sound engineers, and Dre's friends, so I guess, it was good that I and Marshall appeared to be apart for a while.

After all the meals were finished, we moved to the big lounge area on the roof of the yacht with couches, tables with drinks, and music. Everyone was busy with their own things so I thought of it as a perfect opportunity to escape for a moment and try to call Diana again.

Though, leaving my spot on one of the couches, I noticed the absence of my phone all of a sudden.

Hmmm, that was strange, to say the least. I tried to always make sure my phone was near me since it was an important part of my work and life in general. It didn't have anything confidential in it and yet, there were a lot of useful contacts, notes, and things like that. Sitting back a little away from everyone else, I furrowed my eyebrows thoughtfully.

Where could I put it, for God's sake?

'Soooo...'

Not even a few minutes flew by when I heard a familiar teasing tone not far away from me and raised my head to see two dorky expressions making their way to me with satisfied looks. I let the smile grow on my lips without my will, watching them getting closer and a minute later, I wasn't alone on the couch anymore.

Oh yeah, sure, no one else but Denaun and Royce.

'Hi, Ella' Denaun greeted with a small enigmatic smile at my left, sitting down and turning his whole body to face me.

'Hi, Denaun' I chuckled slightly, greeting him in response with amusement in my voice.

'Hi, Ella' Royce mirrored his buddy, sitting down at my right in the exact same way.

'Hi, Royce' I snickered, wondering what they actually had on their minds. Some part of me already knew it was supposed to be some kind of a gossip club and threw my glance in Marshall's direction briefly.