Work late

The next morning didn't go in an installed routine of Marshall picking me up. And surprisingly, it wasn't a result of his asshole move or a busy schedule which had happened before. That time I was the one to blame for the changes, and you could easily call that negligent and risky regarding my job. But it wasn't that definite.

It's worth mentioning that I was getting more and more into Marshall's music trying to study it and understand him better, draw some parallels between his behaviour and art to make the articles the best way possible. Moreover, I couldn't hide the fact that I started to enjoy it a lot, listening to the albums whenever I had a chance to. So, soon I was well familiar with the "Infinite" and  "Slim Shady LP" records that the guy from the music shop recommended me. Now I was in a desperate need of the next one.

That's what we could call an official version of why that morning I texted Marshall not to come, saying that I had some urgent thing to do and that I would be in the studio right in time going there all by myself. That was the first time we had some direct texting interaction without Paul but instead of some questions that I was expecting him to ask, Marshall answered with an "OK", leaving me with a slight disappointment.

The real reason was, however, partly different. I surely needed to get an Eminem's next CD because I had no idea how late the musical shop closed and if I would be able to go there after work. But mostly it was because I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, thinking about sitting with Marshall in the same car all alone the morning after my infamous defeat in the restaurant and a shameful escape after it. Sounds dramatic, right?

I was definitely overthinking the situation but also had an urge to take a breath from Marshall's presence for one morning. Not because I didn't like it. But because I had to regain my strength just in case we had another banter. No matter how funny it sounded, I knew that I must have shown him that I wasn't that easy to get embarrassed and taken a few shots back just to make things clear. Doing that was a lot easier when I had a perfect excuse at my service.

So, I took a taxi and went straight to the music shop I'd visited the first day of my work on this project. Right through the glass window of the shop, I saw a familiar figure of the worker with a simple name Josh sitting behind the counter. I could bet a hundred bucks that he was listening to indie again. Something like "The Strokes".

'Good morning' I greeted entering the shop, closing the door softly and meeting a pair of honey eyes lightning up at the sight of me. As I assumed, he was listening to some indie music I wasn't familiar with and drinking what smelled like a morning coffee with milk. I felt a desire to have a cup as well.

'Morning' Josh answered getting up from the spot, and a pleasant smile touched his lips, giving me a feeling that he was actually waiting for my comeback. Cute? 'So, how's been your Eminem journey so far?' he asked making a conversation with a light playfulness in his glance.

'It had its ups and downs' I chuckled coming closer to the counter and avoiding his eyes. I was never comfortable with attention. To be completely fair, I was so used to feel unworthy with Jake, that it seemed almost impossible for someone to get interested in me. Damaged much, isn't it?

'Seems like a hella roller coaster to me' he joked a bit shyly, and I caught myself on a thought that Marshall behaved the opposite way around Roxy. If he had ever been shy, now it was lost and not found. But I shouldn't have recalled his name in comparison to the guy in front of me.

'That's right. And since I enjoyed it a lot, I was hoping that you could help me with the next CD' I answered not being sure if I should have flirted with him. Josh was surely a handsome guy with a sweet attitude but... I don't know.

'Sure, I'm at your service' Josh said immediately, probably feeling himself in a position of a Superman who could rescue me from a highly dangerous problem of looking for Eminem CD. I wasn't a perfect option for a Lois Lane role, though. 'I have to admit, I was waiting for you to come, Ella'.

Who knewजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें