ADHD

Me and Scott made our way into the school, pushing the light blue double doors open.                                                      Scott- “Ok so, we are going to go to the heads office first to pick up your time table.”
He paused whilst he turned a corner and the waited for me to catch up. Then he began again.               Scott-“Then we will ask the principal is we can take first and second period off so I can show you around. After that, we will have lunch and I can introduce you to my friends. Ok?”
Mia-“yep sounds good!”
                                                                                                                         the truth is, I didn’t hear a single word of that apart from “office”, “second”, “lunch” and “ok?” I think it showed in my voice because he then looked at me with a expression on is face. It was almost like he was sad.                                                                                                                                                                            Scott-“Mia... I wont be mad at you if you zoned out, I know about your ADHD
Mia-“What? Wait how?! Who told you?!”
How did people know already? Scott just smiled and chuckled a bit
Mia-“Scott?! This isn’t funny ! Who told you?!”
Scott-“Your bag did”
Mia-“What?...”

I took my bag off and examined it. It still had my medical band on, from when I Went to the hospital last. It had all my info on it, including my diagnosis for ADHD. Taking off the band, I stuffed it in my pocket and sighed. I cant believe I forgot to take it off! Ugh!! ohh well, I should be thankful only Scott saw. Plus I didn’t think Scott was really going to go around blabbing about it.
Mia-“Can you not say anything about it to anyone? Its kind of a touchy subject...”
Scott-“Yeah of course. My lips are sealed.”
He promised whilst pretending to lock his mouth shut. I laughed.
Mia-“Thanks Scott.”
Scott-“Its no problem.”
He stopped outside the office door and looked at me.
Scott-“Just follow my lead.”
I nodded and then followed him into the principals office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 339