Slumber Party

Mia’s pov

I walked into the bathroom to get ready for the movie night, pulling my suitcase inside the small room with me. I decided to change into baggy blue jeans and a flowy beige long sleeved shirt. Paired with a pair of beige high heels and a small golden necklace. As for my makeup, I wore my average natural makeup look with some black lipstick. I was adding the final touches to my mascara, when I saw my eyes turn red and orange.

Mia- “what?”

I looked closer in the mirror, staring into my now vibrant coloured eyes, until Adam called my name.

Adam- “Mia, you ready?”

Mia- “yeah, just give me a sec.”

However, when I faced the mirror again, my eyes were the same hazel colour they always were. I brushed it off, thinking that it’s just the last of the side effects from the blow I took earlier today during the fight. Trying to be on time, I zipped up my makeup bag and dropped it on the counter. Opening the door, I saw Adam looking in the mirror as he styled his hair.

Mia- “let’s go!”

Adam- “whoa! Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Mia- “no my phones in my pocket.”

Adam shook his head and picked up a bag from the counter.

Adam- “food!”

Mia- “oh my! I can’t believe I forgot!”

He chuckled as he pushed me out the front door.

Me and Danny made the decision to have to movie night in their room given that they had the bigger room. Lifting my fist to the door, I knocked three times and then waited for one of them to answer.

After a couple of seconds and what sounded like people falling over a few feet away, the door swung open.

Ethan- “hey!”

Before I could greet him, I heard a couple of painful groans in the background. Peering over Ethan’s shoulder, Danny was lying on the floor holding his arm.

Mia- “what happened?”

Ethan- “we were seeing who was stronger.”

I chuckled at their childishness as Ethan stepped back to help Danny up.

Danny- “did you bring the snack?”

Adam- “got them!”

Adam shouted as he threw the bag towards them.

Mia- “ohh guys I’m going to have to pass on face masks, I did my make up.”
almost like a choir they all grumbled in dissatisfaction.

Mia- “I know I’m sorry!”

Ethan- “it's okay, just means there’s more for us!”

We laughed and joked around for a bit before putting the face masks on; Well, besides me, and then we put the movie on.

The movie was halfway through when it was time to take the face masks off and once, we all had, Ethan said that he was going to get some fresh air. What confused me was that he was lowering his head so we couldn’t see his eyes. Were they glowing as well? I’m sure he’s fine.

Whilst watching the movie, I kept getting these impulses to hit something. I mean impulses are not something new to me but to act so aggressively? That was new. I held my right fist tightly in my left hand, not wanting to scare the boys. However, I couldn’t ignore this, I could feel my eyes flickering; I’m turning… and I can’t stop it.