Drowning and Hidden

Stiles pov

It had been about ten minutes of waiting and Ethan had finally healed completely. Mia, however, was nowhere in sight; she had run off somewhere and we didn’t think it was a good idea to follow her given the state she was in. however, we didn’t mine chasing Ethan across the hall and down a flight of stairs.

Ethan- “didn’t you hear what I just said? I don’t know how I got there, I don’t know what I was doing and I don’t know why Mia beat me up; nor did I know she was supernatural until I saw her eyes glowing.”

Stiles- “okay, you could be a little bit more helpful, you know? We did just save your life.”

Ethan- “yeah you really helped get Mia off of me; and either way, if you did save my life, you probably shouldn’t have.”

Lydia- “what now?”

Alisson- I’ll find Scott, you guys grab Isaac and Boyd, then we can all find Mia. The best thing we can do is get them out of this place.”

As Alisson walked off, all I could think of was the last few people on my list and which of them were here with us. Lydia. All of a sudden flash backs from Lydia’s birthday party appeared on the back of my eyelids, allowing me to witness the dreadful night every time I blinked. As Lydia turned around, I realised that my eyes were trained on her; nonetheless, before I could look away, she saw me.

Lydia- “what?”

When I wouldn’t answer her question she asked again, this time a little more specific.

Lydia- “why are you looking at me like that?”

I began to protest and tried to play it off as nothing.

Stiles- “no, I…”

She cut me off.

Lydia- “stiles!”

She knew it wasn’t nothing. I took a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

Stiles- “all right, Lydia, I didn’t want to say anything, okay, so don’t be mad at me. But this, everything we’re going through, we’ve kind of been through something like this before; a lot like this.”

She stood there with her arms crossed over her chest and a puzzled look on her face.

Lydia- “what do you mean? When?”

Stiles- “your birthday party. The night you poisoned everyone with wolfsbane.”

Realization washed over her face, closely followed by worry and then her signature look that she uses when her patience is slowly decreasing. She shook her head and began to walk past me, her fists clutched at her side. She’s definitely mad at me.

I began to walk after her quickly shooting apologises left, right and centre; all whilst I tried to reason with her.

Stiles- “Lydia, I’m sorry, okay? Look, I didn’t mean that you're trying to kill people, okay? I just… I just meant that maybe, maybe you’re somehow involved in getting people to kill themselves, you know? Which now that I say that out loud, it sounds really terrible, so I’m just going to stop talking.”

I mentally face palmed. Without warning, she stopped walking; causing me to almost walk into the back of her.

Lydia- “stiles. Do you hear that?”

She was staring off into the distance, at nothing in particular.

Stiles- “what?”

I swiftly turned my head to try and find what she was on about; but when I turned back to her, she was kneeling on the ground, in front of a vent.

Stiles- “Lydia, what do you hear?”

Lydia- “a baby crying. I hear… I hear water running… oh, oh my god! She’s drowning the baby!”

She suddenly stood up with tears in her eyes.

Lydia- “someone’s drowning!”

Lydia started to run in the direction of Boyd’s and Isaac’s room. Following her closely behind, I began to pick up my pace and overtook her.

Once we reached the room the door was already half open; pushing it open all the way, we hurried straight to the bathroom where we could see Boyd in the bathtub, still fully clothed and with a black vault laying on his chest. I reached to pull the plug from the drain, but it was sealed off.

Stiles- “He’s blocked the drain somehow; the plug won't come out!”

Lydia- “then what do we do?”

I thought for a moment and there was only one thing I could think of.

Stiles- “come on, help me lift the vault off of him.”

Lydia tried to help but we were both to weak.

Lydia- “is he dead? How can a werewolf stay underwater?”

Stiles- “you think I know that!”

I snapped back as I continued to strain as I attempted to push the vault off of him.

Stiles- “it's too heavy. Ow!”

I had backed up into the heater, burning the side of my arm. Unexpectedly, a thought popped into my head.

Stiles- “wait a sec, the heater, Ethan came out of it when Mia punched him.”

Lydia- “what?”

Stiles- “Mia’s hand was on fire. It’s fire, its heat! Heat does it, all right. We need something…”

Lydia- “he’s underwater!”

Stiles- “yeah, I'm aware of that!”

Lydia- “wait, wait. The bus. On the bus, they will have emergency flairs. They have their own oxidizers. They can burn underwater.”

Stiles- “are you serious?”

Lydia- “yes go!”

I ran out the room, towards the bus as fast as I could. Once I arrived, began looking around, drastically trying to find the flares. My eyes landed on a read box, dimly lit by the moon's rays of light. Grabbing a flare I ran back to the room, like someone's life depended on it. And in all honesty, someone's life did depend on it, and that life belonged to Boyd.

My trip back to Lydia was a complete blur and I was just starting to wake up from my panicked daze, a flair alight in my hand.

Lydia- “stiles, go!”

Stiles- “yeah right!”

I made my way over to the bathtub which help our dear friend, Boyd, captive. Sticking the flair under the water, I allowed it to briefly pass by his flesh causing him to throw the vault halfway across the room with his fangs present in his mouth. After a few deep breaths he had managed to get out of the bathtub.

Once we had checked over Boyd, Lydia informed me of our little friend Isaac who was hiding under his bed. I carefully crossed over to his location and crouched down, pulling the duvet up with my free hand.

Stiles- “hey Isaac, got something here for you.”

Swiftly swinging my arm forwards, I allowed the flame to make itself present on Isaac's arm. Yeah, this is getting old quick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1114