Chapter 44 - Have you changed your mind?

Zacznij od początku

"Pfft, the sentiment is nice so yes, I forgive you but I'm going to decline your offer because I have someone I like and I'm going to stay loyal to my crush."

"Didn't you just try to get me to kiss you like thirty seconds ago?"

"You will always be my only exception."

"I have no idea what I've done to get this special treatment."

"lol neither do I."

"When does your break end?"

"Like in a minute."

"You should probably go then. The CEO of MegCorp is right there." I nudged my head towards Leo's direction which prompted Nick to follow the line of sight.

"Oh shit. I mean, enjoy your night sir. And I hope we run into each other again Nero. I'll definitely change your mind next time." Nick ran off and I prayed he heard my, "no you're not!" as he disappeared inside. Silence fell onto the balcony once again (this time there was no lip-smacking noises since the couple slipped away sometime earlier) and it was uncomfortable. Might be due to the fact that Leo was looking straight at me with an expression I've never seen before but I knew it wasn't good. Leah was also staring but at Leo. It was a mix of frustration and adoration. Weirdo.

"Sir, it's an emergency!" Thank god for the random man in a black suit.

Leo looked at me for longer before turning towards the security guard. "What?" his voice wasn't warm like before. It was the polar opposite. It's cold, so cold. It made the buffed man flinch.

"Um, there is a person out front who's causing trouble for one of the guest members. He keeps yelling and arguing with him. He's not a guest himself and we're finding it hard to escort him off the premise."

I looked at my watch and realised it was 11:15pm, fifteen minutes past when Aiden's meant to pick me up. Oh dear lord, please don't let it be who I think it is. Wait, Aiden would've called me if he arrived. I checked my phone to make sure of the fact and found it dead. Oh fuck.

Leo was about to say something but I quickly interrupted. "Say, does the guy have blue hair, eyebrow and nose piercing?"

"Huh? Yeah, how did you know?"

"Oh for fucks sake, Aiden! Look, I'll take care of it," I whipped my head towards Leo. "Mr. Covell, this has been a lovely party and I look forward to it next year - if I get a ticket that is - but it seems my ride is here. I apologise for the trouble said ride has caused but I will take the trouble out of your hand now. Bye!"

With that being said, I sprinted towards the exit. What on earth have you done this time, you lil shit.

♤♧♡♢

10 minutes ago...

POV: Aiden

I'm pissed. I'm mad. I'm sad. I'm dad. Yeah no, I'm not dad but I am sad. Really sad that my best friend refused to sneak me into his party. He knew I would've been his plus one if I didn't have that stupid important project that needed to completed in two days. I totally could've done it at the party! This was the one time that I regretted procrastination. I never thought I'd reach this point in life but I had and I was extremely sad.

I got out my phone as I locked the car and head towards the entrance of the hotel, intending to call Nero out but the damn call went to voicemail immediately. Meaning his phone was either on do not disturb, he's intentionally ending the calls or the phone was dead. Knowing the introverted fuck, it was most likely the latter anyway. Matthew wasn't picking up his phone either, so it kind of put me in a sticky situation because I had no other method of communication.