Chapter 5 - Will I ever see Timmy again?

Author's note: I considered not doing this because I will kind of be repeating the same things over but I decided to do it anyway because character development? Also the guy didn't get enough screen time.

-----------------------------------------

POV: Leonardo

15 MINUTES BEFORE ARRIVING AT BORRIS'S OFFICE

"... yes that would be appreciated... yes thank you... we can organise a meeting for some time this week... have a good night, bye."

As soon as I hit the end call button, I leaned back against my Italian leather chair and stretched my arms over my head. A few of my bones cracked and I felt myself loosening up. I slumped my arms down on the armrests and slightly slid down my chair. It finally hit me that it's raining heavily once I heard the somewhat rhythmic battering against the windowpanes behind me. I spun around, intending to appreciate the sight and the noise. The view, in my opinion, was gorgeous, even though the fog was covering up the top half of the shorter buildings and the distant view was obscured. But the presence of the fog and the droplets that were running down the transparent wall was calming and just... enjoyable. I guess working overtime today wasn't all that bad. I got to enjoy the grim yet lively view. I knew the 50th floor would have the best view.

After two minutes of just silent (not really silent) bliss, I gave out a tired sigh and turned back to my desk. I got my laptop out and went through the necessary documents. With one last exhale of large amounts of air, I muttered to myself,

"Well then... the sooner I get this done, the sooner I can catch some zzz's at home."

The sound of typing had now joined the orchestra of noises, which made the serine sound from before... less serine. However, the serenity came back two minutes later when the typing stopped due the red flashing sourced by my phone. I took the phone in my hand and stopped the flashing. I unlock my phone and open my phone to find out who pressed the red button.

It seems Borris needs my presence... why is he still in the building? I don't remember giving him anything extra to do. Whatever, I have my own things to do so I'll go in ten minutes. I'm sure he can wait till that long.

The thing is, the red button under the desk was originally meant to be used for emergencies only. However, due to my lack of ability of responding to my own employees on time, all the office heads who press the red button call for my presence for signing important documents and non-urgent emergencies. Fault on my part, apologies.

I resumed in finishing up my documents and once nine minutes had passed, I saved everything, closed the laptop and went out of the office. I decided to leave the blazer behind because honestly, who else is left here that I need to impress? I strolled through the wide-open space, passing the empty, secretary desk and reaching the elevator. I called for the elevator and began whistling a random tune whilst waiting. Tomorrow is packed day as well isn't it? Tad bit annoying considering how I haven't had a good night's sleep for a week now. I'm starting to regret creating the 500 million users event for ChatMe. I haven't even properly hung out with Timmy. His tail is probably all droopy from the lack of attention. This just made my mood grimmer.

With that thought finished, I entered the now arrived elevator and press the 29th floor. As I was descending, I felt the elevator rattle and I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I outwardly mention as the metal box descended,

"Why on earth are you rattling? Aren't you meant to be the state-of-the-art elevator with smooth movement and stopping? Also why do I notice now that you shake and groan? Now I have to call the repairmen. You just put more workload on me. At this rate, I'll never my dog."