Chapter 84 - Where did I get kidnapped to? (ver. 2.0)

NOTE:

-HIIIII I'm back (ish). I will try to write as much as I can without getting distracted !!!

- Jfc this chapter was NOT meant to go for that long. I think this might be the longest chapter yet

------------------------------------------

POV: 3rd person

No one moves. The lackeys backed away ever since Leo's literal combustion and haven't stepped close since. Brad and his friend didn't step back but they had flinched, which soon followed with fear settling on their face.

Brad's fear was soon mixed with anger and embarrassment as if fearing the CEO had somehow bruised his ego. But he still hadn't done anything, still shocked at the sudden turn of events.

It wasn't until Leo instructed Erwin with his voice laced with a second voice, which was deeper and more growly, that Brad had snapped out of it. The salamander's voice intertwined with Leo's made Leo seem like the boss of the underworld, where his voice alone paralysed one from sheer terror.

"Erwin, take the other two away to my place and call for John. It seems his prediction about seeing Nero again wasn't wrong after all."

Erwin nodded. "I'll be back," and he pulled up Aiden's batter body onto one shoulder. He then quickly moved to untie Nero's rope (with his pocketknife that he now carries around after his kidnapping).

Brad yelled at lackey number one to go after him and after a second's hesitation, he lunged at Erwin but it was too late. Erwin had uttered, "Espace blanc personnel," and pulled a smoke bomb out of a portal.

Smoke overtook the space in record time, with Killuc's men coughing at the unexpected smoke. Just as it was clearing up, Leo moved in front of lackey number one, where Erwin was once standing and punched his jaw so hard, he flew across the room and got embedded into the concrete wall. He lost consciousness immediately and dropped onto the floor like a boneless ragdoll.

The others were gaping at the lifeless body and when Leo moved to make eye contact with the other lackey, the latter flinched away and ran for the exit. Leo let him be and chose to focus on the mastermind of this entire operation.

Leo flew up so he got the higher ground via his phoenix wings (A/N he has a tiny bit of phoenix powers because his salamander friend made a pact with a phoenix centuries ago). From his new position, he was looking down at the man like he was the filthiest scum of the earth and the sudden recalling of what he did to Nero and Aiden ignited fire (literally) in his eyes. The menacing aura intensified by twenty folds and the villain felt his knees tremble in fear. However, he was no bitch and refused to back down.

Killuc roared and brought out a handgun. Shots were fired but every single one missed Leo as he used his ability to burn off every single bullet before it reached within an inch of him. Brad growled even more and managed to catch Leo off guard by pulling a shotgun out of his arm.

It wasn't gruesome but Leo was still irked by the move. The fella's got an Oddity. That sure makes my life a tad bit harder. Brad used Leo's momentary lowered defence to shoot his shot and managed to get a hit on him.

Leo grunted at impact and was pushed back a bit. He was bewildered by the fact that one, he managed to get hit and two, by a shotgun that was completely out of range. Theoretically, the pellets should not have hit him.

Nonetheless, Leo used his healing flames to close up the wound and decided that it was his turn to attack. "loderndes Schwert," and a sword manifested out of fire with temperatures similar to an incinerator. The smug look on the other man's face was quickly wiped off. The heat pushed back Killuc and he felt as if his skin was about to melt off.