Chapter 46

Elegant black wings shield a dozen young and old wolves as best as possible

Elegant black wings shield a dozen young and old wolves as best as possible. Carefully Juniper pulls back her sharp wings, her sweater and shirt are torn to pieces. Black blood runs down her bare back. 

Bodies lay in the Bayou, those who have survived cry over the dead. Not knowing what else to do. Juniper scans the field for Elijah or Jackson. Elijah kneels down next to her asking her and the wolves around her if they are alright. 

"How many went off?" Juniper asks the Noble vampire. 

"Eight plus the bomber, that makes nine. Why?" Elijah asks. 

"There's one more," Juniper looks around counting the spots that the bombs have gone off thinking of a place that wasn't blown to shreds.  

Her dark eyes widen with realization, the barn. June transports herself to the barn searching for the bomb. A tiny red light flashes catching the corner of her eye. Cracking wood silences the moans and groans of the injured, a barrel is full of explosives. Impulsively, Juniper lifts the barrel as best as she can. Spreading her wings she flies out of the barn up into the sky. 

The large explosion shakes the whole ground, coloring the dull blue sky a powerful orange. Juniper's dark silhouette can be seen in the explosion. Her wings extended fluttering ever so slightly to keep her in the air. She bathes in the scorching flames. 

June falls from the sky, gracefully landing. All of the small cuts and bruises are gone. Even her clothes were scorched from her gorgeous body. She stands in the middle of the gruesome Bayou nude. 

The Queen of Demons walks to the cabin that Elijah, Jackson, and Oliver are in talking about a severally injured Eve. The cocky wolf denies Elijah's offer of blood to heal Eve, claiming that the non-triggered wolf would rather die that become a vampire. 

"We can't just let them get away with this." Oliver growls out freezing when he sees a naked Juniper in the door frame. 

"We don't even know who is to blame." Jackson argues not looking at his best friend nude. 

Oliver snaps out of it,"The hell we don't, and if we don't fight back, they'll just do it again!" he shouts. 

"Who's they? Tell me and I'll kill them on the spot." Juniper speaks up, tilting her head to the side searching deep inside Oliver's eyes to see the same flicker of his guilt demon. 

But the idiotic man doesn't utter a word, "Exactly... You're trying to start a war with no one to defend you. Look outside, Oliver! Most of your pack is dead the rest are severally injured that it can take days for them to heal! Stop being a fucken idiot and be there for your pack! Mourn and bury your dead!" June darkly growls back. 

Oliver rushes out of the cabin, furious. Both Jackson and Elijah watch the Queen of Demons huff before searching through Jackson's drawers for a new outfit. Once Juniper has found something suitable to wear she heads back to the barn to help the injured.