Chapter 26

It had been a couple of days since Davina's death and Juniper is still struggling to accept the fact that she is gone

It had been a couple of days since Davina's death and Juniper is still struggling to accept the fact that she is gone. June locked herself in her house not eating, not socializing, hell she even stopped communicating with her demons. She now lets some of her demons roam the streets terrorizing the people, mainly the witches. Juniper has been ignoring the thousands of calls and text messages that have been from the Original family and Marcel.

Down in the Compound Klaus has call a meeting for all of the vampires. Marcel walks down the stairs with the bottle of liquor in hand not really caring about vampire business. Diego asks Marcel why the Original Hybrid is late since he is the one who call the meeting, the melancholy vampire tells him that he is no longer in rule and should suck it up. Klaus then arrives with Thierry, who was locked in the Garden just a few days ago. The Original Hybrid tells the group that they should terrorize the witches with a rousting, he expected Marcel to go with them but the sulking vampire begins to walk off.

"I'd hoped you would join Diego. And I need something from you." Klaus whispers to his friend.

"Nah. I'm taking a personal day. Whatever it is, I'm sure someone else can do it for you." Marcel bumps his shoulder before walking off, so he can be alone. Not knowing that the Original Hybrid took his phone, to call a certain Demon Queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juniper Claire turns over in her bed staring at the blank wall in front of her. Her phone goes off again she checks the caller ID, seeing that it is Marcel, she stares at the phone until the screen goes dark. Juniper is now staring at her reflection, seeing her red puffy eyes, chapped lips and red nose. Anger fills her veins, her eyes change to obsidian black with their crimson red pupils. June throws her phone at the wall yelling, she stands up and begins trashing her room. Pictures, lamps, antiques are all swiped off the dressers and nightstands. Her bed flips over and the dressers are slammed to the floor. The Queen is angry, not at Davina for dying but at herself for letting her die, at the witches for slicing her throat open. Her anger quickly fades back into sorrow, Juniper begins to cry once more not knowing what to do but cry.

Back at the Compound Marcel sits in the Study drinking quietly, until the Hybrid once again bothers him. Klaus tosses Marcel his phone back seeing it as useless to him since Juniper isn't answering his calls either.

"Is this what it's come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while both you and June pout like children." Klaus says irritated with both of them.

"You wanted to be King. Besides, you look like you got it covered. And keep June's name out of your mouth, she'll know you're talking about her." Marcel tells Klaus taking another sip from his glass. He was right Juniper was watching them through her most trusted demon, Draven, he tells her everything that the two are saying.

"If the men see you shirk your duties, they're likely to do the same. I know Juniper's demons have been running about watching everyone in this town but I need to know where she is currently at." Klaus tells him.