Chapter 22

The group arrives at the Garden, the one place that the punished vampires are put to starve

The group arrives at the Garden, the one place that the punished vampires are put to starve. Juniper smiles to herself remembering some of the vampires that she helped put down here. Timothy enters the place, all of the hungry vampires weakly reach out towards him from their place behind the brick walls, causing the boy to back up cautiously. Josh tries to ease the humans nerves but it doesn't work.

"You think my brother Nik is awful? Marcel learned from the best. This is how he treats his so-called friends who betray him. Most of what these poor souls did is no worse than what Josh did."

"Yeah I should know... I've helped him put some of them down here" Juniper shrugs awkwardly smiling at the rest of the group.

"Take Thierry, for example. He was Marcel's most trusted friend Klaus tricked him into breaking one of Marcel's rules. Marcel knows this, and yet he keeps Thierry locked in here day after day suffering." Rebekah explains, Juniper waves to the vampire as Davina and Timothy look around shocked that Marcel would do this.

"This is insane." Timothy shakes his head not believing any of this, he pulls out his water bottle taking a drink.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Davina asks, Juniper sighs running her hands through her hair.

"Because Vina, you need to know who you're dealing with." Juniper admits looking back at Rebekah nodding to her.

"Who you can trust." The Mikealson finishes, Timothy reassures the witch that she will be okay offering her a drink of his water, before Rebekah continues. "Davina, both you and I have been lied to by Marcel and Klaus. Maybe together we can get a little payback."

The young violinist begins to throw a coughing fit, falling to the floor. Davina rushes to his side asking him what is wrong. Timothy explains that Klaus compelled him to drink the poisoned water and make him tell her to drink it as well. Juniper's eyes widen in fear of losing her little sister, Davina begins to cough and whimper the effects of the poison starting to show. Juniper lays Davina's head in her lap holding her hand tightly, tears threatening to fall.

"Vina, you're going to be okay. Look at me, sweetheart, everything will be fine." As Juniper soothes her sister's whimpering as Josh tries to give her his blood to heal her. Rebekah receives a phone call from Klaus.

"Just tell me how to cure her. Vampire blood isn't working." Rebekah rushes out, feeling sorry for both Juniper and Davina.

"No. It wouldn't. You see, the poison I compelled Timothy to feed her is quite potent. It's just a matter of time for her." Klaus speaks into the phone gaining both Marcel's and Elijah's attention. Marcel charges forward but Elijah hold him back.

"For both of them you diabolical bastard. They're children. We could've dealt with her fairly." Rebekah yells at Klaus, watching the teenage witch die in her sister's arms.

"There is no dealing with those who threaten us. Davina sealed her fate when she stood against me. This was her choice, not mine." Klaus hangs up the phone.