Chapter 33

In morning Elijah woke up the Queen of Demons extra early so she can babysit the King of New Orleans

In morning Elijah woke up the Queen of Demons extra early so she can babysit the King of New Orleans. After very little argument about why she should babysit Klaus she agrees to. June rolled out of bed dragging herself to the restroom, freshening herself up. When she is finished freshening up she changes into a navy blue lace trim swing spaghetti strap tank top, not bothering to put on a bra, she covers herself with a long white knitted cardigan. She slips out of her pajama shorts to slide on her favorite pair of jeans. Quickly she runs a comb through her hair, untangling it putting it into a side fishtail braid. June gets an empty bag from her closet putting a couple of books, magazines, her notebook, and other things to keep her entertained in it. She walks with Elijah to Klaus's room, humming a tune.

"Papa Tunde's blade is still inside him?" June asks as they enter the room. She sees the pale, unconscious Hybrid lying in his bed, shirtless. June looks at the large red scar that runs down his torso.

"Yes and every second it causes Niklaus untold suffering. And now I intend to remove it. You might want to take a step back," Elijah rolls up his sleeve standing over his younger brother.

"And out of all the people you could have asked you asked me because why?" June stands on the side of the bed, yawning.

"You're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter." Elijah uses a scalpel to cut open the scar. Elijah sticks his hand through the wound searching for the blade. "Also, he speaks of you with what is a rare degree-- for him at least-- of respect. Even though you two fight a lot, you challenge him in many ways and somewhat make him want to be a better man. Which is a wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly." Elijah pulls out the blade. Klaus gasps, his eyes stay open for a few seconds but flutter shut.

"You're kidding right?" June raises an eyebrow at the Noble Original not believing that Klaus has more toleration for her than he does most people.

"Nope. You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers so watch over him and feed him if you would but slowly, please. I have left you a couple of blood bags and four large bottles of vervain, mix the vervain in the blood and feed it to him. The vervain will cause him to ingest it slower." Elijah grabs the clean towel wiping the blood from his hands. "And possibly persuade him not to murder his baby sister."

The Noble Original looks at the Queen of Demons, who nods. He then turns to Klaus who is staring at the ceiling. Elijah tells Klaus that he did this to protect Rebekah and promises to defeat Celeste. Klaus weakly whispers to his brother that he and Rebekah will pay for what they've done. Elijah looks at Juniper, both nodding to each other before he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been hours since Elijah left the two psychotic rulers together. June is sitting on a chair that she pulled next to the bed. She pours some blood in a glass for Klaus; adding some vervain she mixes it with a bendy straw. The Original Hybrid watches her; he notices her hands slightly shaking. June brings the straw to his lips allowing him to drink. Klaus gulps down the blood, causing June to yell at him to slow down. Juniper pulls the straw out of his mouth. Some blood spills out from the straw onto Klaus's lips and chest.