CH. 44 ~ Invasion of Thoughts

⚠️ WARNING: Death and suicide⚠️

~

3rd person P.O.V.

~

Yunho watched as Sun-Mi slowly made her way out back to her room, wandering about sleepily. He looked up again at the amazingly decorated nighttime sky, staying as still as he can while enjoying the peace the night brings. Only the sound of the fountain behind him and the crickets' chirps are heard for a long distance.

He closes his eyes, leaning back to prop himself up on his arms and tilting his head back to let the glow of the moonlight shine on his pale skin. He breathes in and out peacefully, opening his mouth slightly as he relaxes. The corners of his mouth pull upward into a bit of a smile. He contemplates whether to stay or go to bed, deciding on the former after a good thought.

Even if it meant that he was to wake up on this fountain, he wanted to stay a while longer, dreading the stuffiness of his room. An odd calmness washes over him as he takes deep and long breaths. It gets so quiet that over the rustling of leaves he can almost hear his heart pumping rhythmically in his chest. The steady beating helps him meditate, calming the storm of thoughts that was starting to get aroused because of the discussion with Sun-Mi. Yunho tries his best to push out those unwanted images but for some reason, they keep flooding his mind. Images of Song Eunji...

Images of her smile that would captivate anyone around her... Images of her golden eyes, much like Mingi's that always had a small sparkle of excitement... Images of her beautiful figure as they both danced the late summer nights away, much like this one...

Images of his first and his last love.

Yunho puts his head down, looking at his feet as he lowers his head, feeling a small shiny tear roll down his cheek. He can feel a lump form in his throat but he keeps it down, successfully cleaning his airways with a cough before deciding that it's time to head back to his room.

The tall brunette stands up to dust himself when an odd drowsiness comes over him. He then hears a loud movement from behind him. He stiffens up, noticing the smallest movements in the garden surrounding him. Everything went still so suddenly, even the wind that rustles the leaves and the soft chirps of the crickets nearby still, almost as if they too are aware that there's something off.

In the distance, an unknown source disrupts the silence of the night with a growl. Yunho spins around to try to catch a glimpse of what it is, but he's unable to see due to the darkness of the night. The low-pitched growl grows, starting to come from 2 different directions... then 3... then 4. Steadily the animalistic sound increases and an incredibly cold feeling slithers down his back causing all the hairs of his body to stand on edge.

"Who's out there?" Yunho's hand flies to the dagger that's sheathed at his waist, gripping it tightly. The growl begins to turn into an indiscernible sound that floods his ears at an alarming pitch. The noise starts to bother him as he tries to block it out, stumbling backward while gripping the handle of his dagger so tight that his knuckles turn a ghostly white.

"Whoever's there come out!" He challenges the source of the disturbing noise but it only agitates it even more. From where it is now, the sound grows higher until it turns into an ear-piercing whine. The brunette moves his free hand up to his ear and clutches it tightly, squeezing his eyes shut. He almost loses his balance as the pain in his ears becomes unbearable, moving both hands to his ears and forgetting about his dagger. "Stop that! Stop!" He roars.

Instantly, the incessant noise stops and everything goes still once again. Only the ringing in Yunho's ears remain. He continues to keep his eyes clamped shut, slowly opening them to see two large shadows standing before him. Without hesitation, he picks up his dagger, barring it at the creatures, but they don't even flinch. They stay there unbothered by the silver piece that glints slightly under the moonlight.