CH. 31 ~ Stranded

Start from the beginning

"Where are we? What happened? W-Why are you mad at me?" I spill out the main questions that I have, hoping for an honest answer, but all I get is a dead-pan expression.

"Are you serious?" I blink a couple of times and he looks at me expectantly but I don't know what he's waiting for. "Look around you. We're stranded on a freaking island who knows where. Does that answer your question?"

"No," I frown at his salty demeanor, "You still haven't answered why we're here or how we got here." I cross my arms waiting for his reply. I'm starting to remember fragments of what happened but nothing that can tie into what's happening right now. He takes a deep breath and pinches the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger before answering.

"The last thing I remember was tackling Seonghwa because you fell off the boat when a huge wave hit. Then I dived into the water after you and lost consciousness somewhere along the way. Now, we were carried graciously by the water to the shores of an uncharted island with no way to get back and I'm stuck here with you. Now please, do me a favor and shoo," He shoos me away, turning back around to continue his trek but I don't let him so easily.

"Actually, because we don't know what's on this island, I thought it'd be a better idea to stick together and maybe even look for a place to set up camp. I know if feel much safer with someone I—,"

"Nope," San cuts me off sternly, "Not happening."

"But—,"

"Are you forgetting why we're here in the first place?" He asks rhetorically, "Because last time I checked, it was your fault."

"My fault?! How is it my fault that you willingly followed me into the ocean when a huge wave hit?"

"I wouldn't have had to follow you in if you had just been honest with Hongjoong the first day and told them you were a Royal Navy spy! We would never have gotten caught in Illoriant because you wouldn't have been a part of the crew!"

"I am NOT a spy! Sehun lied to you to tear the crew apart! Yes, I'll admit I wasn't completely honest and the crew because of that the crew got hurt, but I never would have hurt the crew on purpose! And either way, you'll have gotten caught because Woo and Yeosang were chased by Royal mercenaries!

"Still doesn't change the fact that it's your fault we're stranded."

"HOW IS THAT MY FAULT!"

"Because if you had gotten into the boat like everyone else, I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO SAVE YOU!"

"WELL, MAYBE I DIDN'T WANT TO BE SAVED!"

"WELL THEN MAYBE I SHOULDN'T HAVE LISTENED TO SEONGHWA AND JUMPED IN TO SAVE YOU!"

"JUST ADMIT THAT YOU'VE HATED ME FOR NO DAMN REASON SINCE DAY ONE AND GO!"

"FINE! I HATE YOU AND HAVE BEEN HATING YOU SINCE YOU JOINED BECAUSE YOU'RE A TREACHEROUS PIECE OF CRAP JUST LIKE YOUR DEAD NAVY BOYFRIEND!" I curl my hands up into tight fists, restraining myself from turning him into a punching bag. I can feel tears prickling at the corners of my eyes, and feeling the weight of his words bury into my back. When he realizes what he's said it's too late.

"Taehyung was not a piece of crap. He was an amazing friend and a great commander that loved me when nobody else would. I thought you'd understand considering you just screwed up your relationship with Iseul," I seethe, digging my nails into my palm to the point where I draw blood.

"You know nothing about Iseul."

"And you know nothing of Taehyung," I shoot back defensively and wipe away the tears that have begun strolling down my face. "I hope you die of starvation." Turning on my heels I stomp off in the opposite direction, surprising even myself of the sudden aggression I displayed. I think I even left San in shock because of what he shouted after my retreating figure.