A Carnival Date (Danny)

It had been a week since Gabriel assigned his men to our duty. It's so fucking hectic to go around, with a trail of bodyguards, always. Even if I planned to keep my cottage in Montmartre to stay hidden, a few bodyguards wasn't bad. Atleast, my princess's security was being ensured.

Three days ago, I received a text from Julian about the guards been sent to him in Spain, when he docked there. He was very happy with the service and sent me advance portion of his annual payment, alongwith an anonymous file. I opened the file with safety and found all the records of Lucas's narcotic smuggles, till the last month. There was an attached text that he updated those transaction records monthly, so this month's records would be sent the next month. That was a satisfied alliance and the file was my reward. I made several copies of the files and saved them in different devices. I even sent Louise one copy and made sure, it stayed safe. Though Julian was my client now, I was a bit jealous of him having dated Louise in his past. Though she claimed to love me, I felt a bit insecure around other men in Paris.

There was this guy among the bodyguards, Patricio. A young and handsome red-head, who was the most affable one and Louise seemed to get along well with him. Yesterday, she went shopping with Liam and this guy on guard, while I was away for some work. She didn't seem to miss me much, when they're around. Apart from Chukki and Chinki, she now had good-looking companions to keep her busy. She would enjoy baking cake for all of us and the way Patricio stared at that butt, even when she's fully clothed, made me very uncomfortable. I wanted some privacy with her and talk about us.

While driving towards Montmartre, I turned up the radio. Nothing good enough to hear. I tried tuning through different channels, suddenly stopping at one. Heard the news!

{Radio} Shh.. Sources have been gathered that Mademoiselle Louise Robillard, the only heir to the Robillard Group of Corporation, is alive and now, she claims a lawsuit against the murderer of her parents. Claims have been made to bring this case to trial soon, as Monsieur Gabriel Robillard had hired Advocate Roberto Gonzalez, earning the title of 'The Most Expensive Criminal Lawyer of France' after the success in Bongiovanni murder case of 2017, regarding this case and that the fire was not an accident. Shh..

Oh my God! Louise is all over the news! His uncle hired the best lawyer for this case and I understand he wouldn't be stepping back in any situation. The politicians might have been involved, hence this breaking news. I wonder now what Schmitten would do next. I sped up my car and hurried to my cottage.

Back at my cottage, I could smell something burning even from the green alley. Oh God! A fire? My cottage is made of wood, fuck! My mind started racing into extremely gore thoughts, without even waiting to reach the parking space. I hopped out of the car and ran towards the house. There was no flame outside, a thick stream of grey smoke was venting out of the window. I rushed inside, amongst the thick smoke, trying to see through it. I could hear people coughing. I walked in the direction of sound and reached the kitchen. Louise and Patricio stood covered in soot and Travis was laughing his ass out at them. There was a burnt dish in front of them on the counter. I crossed my arms across my chest, when Louise looked at me.

"What the hell?"

"Haha! Oh God, Danny, you have to see what Patricio did."

"I almost got a mini heart-attack! Do you even remember this place is made of wood?"

"I'm so fucking sorry, but.. hahaha!"

"Would anyone take the pain to tell me what the fuck was happening?"

Louise was almost going to roll on the floor laughing. Patricio stood there with a red face and Travis spoke on their behalf.

"Patricio wanted to help Louise in cooking and ended up burning the food so bad, it stick to the pan. He tried separating the teflon off the burnt food and everything spilled out."