25

Luz's POV;

I growled when something began burning in my arm.

"Luz!? Luz!?? Luz, what's going on!? What's happening!?"

I shot up, gasping when the burning in my arm had finally stopped.

Looking down.

Damnit! You really did carve it on my skin! Burned it down even!

Why the hell did you do this!?

Hey! Answer me here!!

Hey!!

Hiding my burnt arm, I chuckled with a meek smile towards Amity to ease her down.

"It's fine, Amity... I just had a sudden headache... That's all." I said.

She had a frown in her face as she muttered out, "Luz, please... Don't lie to me."

I continued to smile meekly as I said, "I'm sorry, Amity... But this is not something you can get involve with."

"What!? What do you mean by that? I've been through so much now after my 14th birthday, what else is there that I can't know about?"

I frowned.

She really shouldn't know at all.

"You..."

[Do not tell her... Or else... The deal will be ruined here, Luz.]

I coughed and breathed in a gasp for air.

Damn you!! Are you seriously making my lungs work for real here to make fun of me!?

"Luz, please tell me what's wrong..."

I hummed.

"Listen... We barely know each other just as much as we've seen each other for many years and I just grabbed you out of nowhere to be my fiancée without your family's permission about you too..." I began.

She just stared at me with those tempting eyes.

"Yes, I hate lying too... But I have to keep this as a little secret... For now... And so will you not ask about my secret for a while until I'm ready to answer it myself?" I said, a small yet sad smile on my face when I kept my voice low and weak.

She just continued to stare at me before finally sighing and helping me sit down beside her in the picnic blanket.

Picnics are usually done in afternoons or mornings... And rarely nights unless you're doing honeymoons here...

I don't like the silence she's giving me.

It hurts.

Wait... Hurts?

[Do you understand why you need a wife now?]

I hate you so much... But this pain is in feelings, it's not physical what so ever.

[Oh, it might be... But she can hurt you just as much as she hurt me before...]

What!?

"Luz..?"

[If I hadn't told you this before, then late apologies... I'm her first young fiance that her parents arranged for her when I was still in a family of great witches...]

[If she had held tighter on my hand she wouldn't have had to forget about me when we were just ten at that time, and to make it clear for you, my family along with me were banished through the human realm, we didn't know anything about it except my father who immedietly ruled everything out to my mother that I had to die if they wanted to survive which was a lie...]

You're telling me...

[This is not important, snap out of your trance and marry her now.]

"Luz?!"

I gasped and blinked a few times before shaking my head.

"S... Sorry, Amity..." I muttered out.

"Are you ok? You looked like you were hyperventilating while beside me."

I chuckled meekly at her.

"When I get anxious I do that." I lied.

She snickered at me before saying, "but you were acting very cool to me when you brought me to the human world for the first time?"

I laughed.