13

Eda laughed out loud before shaking her head.

"More like, I let her bombard me with questions! She reminds me so much of Lilith, even though she was older than me, she had this spunk of asking me questions when I broke into the emperor's castle." She said.

"Didn't you tell me your sister was a goody two shoe?" Camila asked.

"Oh, she was, she even ended up nagging me for four hours straight for breaking in just to grab the book she lost while in one of the tours in there." Eda said.

Luz chuckled as she sat back down beside Amity before finally taking notice of the man on the couch.

"Who's this?" She asked with Amity glancing over from where she was looking.

"Oh, that's just a drunk guy who came stumbling in here and then falling asleep." Camila said.

"Mami, I thought you had work tonight?" Luz asked.

"Oh, right! Amor, could you drop me off to my workplace?" Camila said as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

Eda gave a quick snort on her laugh as she stood up and offered a hand towards Camila.

Amity was a little shocked with everything that was going down so far.

"So... Your name is Luz Noceda?" She began when Eda and Camila left the room.

Luz nodded, her eyes still fixed on the sleeping man as she drew a yellow circle in mid-air.

Amity gasped.

"You can do magic!? But you're human!?" She stammered.

Luz's eyes widened for a second as the man that was on the couch earlier disappeared in place.

I'll tell you one thing, she teleported her into the nearest dumpster.

"Woops, I guess there's no need to uphold this face of mine." Luz said as she pulled her sleeves up into a fine mess.

Amity swore it looked a bit... Hot.

But she was confused though.

"Uphold this face?? What do you mean by that?" She asked in confusion.

Luz chuckled as she laid back and placed her arms back, the other pulling Amity closer to her while the other occupied itself with her drink.

"Everyone calls me the Devil for a reason... Amity." Luz began.

Amity listened close and listened well.

"Because I am the Devil." Luz said.

"Huh!??" Amity jumped, almost spilling her drink when she did so.

Luz wheezed laughing in amusement before saying, "I'm joking, I'm joking. They don't call me the Devil because of that reason, they call me the Devil because of my body."

Amity flushed.

'Is it because you're hot??' she thought before asking, "why your 'body'?"

"Look, I may be minor, but I'm dead. Every once a year on my birthday, owl mom gives me an age spell that allows me to become a year older and so forth and so on." Luz said as she placed her untouched drink unto the table.

Amity raised a brow.

"So... What exactly is your current age?" She asked.

"Hmm? 14 and it's clear that wasn't your fifteenth birthday that I attended too." Luz answered.

"But you just said..?"

Amity was really confused here.