Chapter 37: Heirloom

It's been approximately two months since Cambria and I met my mom at the pavilion. Ever since that day, we have been getting reacquainted and have met many times and had many phone call conversations. Most of the days that we met up included Cambria, some with her parents, and the rest of the time; it was just her and me.

My mom and I have gotten so close again, and it has made me so very happy. I know that I do have people who genuinely love me and want me in their life... like Cambria and her parents, and now, my mom. I would be lying if I said that I ever thought this was going to happen. Even Brittany is getting close to us ever since she helped out during that whole Vivian fiasco. She's a remarkably good friend and has always rooted for Cambria and me to be together. To this day, I still ponder how Brittany knew. She says she's the original shipper of our relationship, but I think that role belongs to Clara if I am being honest.

Today was different because my mom called me, asking if I could have lunch with her alone. She has yet to request for us to be by ourselves before specifically. It was merely ironic that Cambria had been busy with lacrosse and couldn't join those days when we did have lunch alone. I'm nervous about this, my mom did sound strange, and I couldn't place it.

When I told Cambria what Ali said, she looked a little apprehensive as well. However, she advised me that I should still meet my mom anyway and that everything would be okay. She said that she knew I would enjoy myself by spending some time with her and that it would make me happy. Of course, I will listen to Cambria.

I was now about to walk inside Panera Bread to join my mom and have lunch with her. Upon opening the restaurant's doors, I could already see her inside, patiently waiting for me. I cheerfully walked up to greet her.

"Hey, mom!" I said.

"Hey, little one," She replied as she hugged me tightly. I smiled into our embrace, feeling just as special now as I did when she used to call me that nickname. After we parted from our hug, she kissed the top of my head, and we both went in line to be able to place our order. I extracted my phone from my pocket to text Cambria and let her know I had arrived safely.

Mia: "Hey, baby. I wanted to let you know that I made it to Panera Bread safely. My mom and I are just about to place our orders too. How are you?"

Bri: "Okay, babygirl. Thank you for letting me know; that means a lot to me. I am doing okay. Please have a wonderful time with your mom, and hurry back to meeeeeee!!"

I giggled at Cambria's response, and I looked up to see my mom smiling at me. I noticed that we were next in line too. Suddenly, I heard my phone go off again, and I glanced back to check it. My smile widened when I started reading all of Cambria's texts that were arriving, one after the other.

Bri: "Okay, so... I had originally planned and told myself that I would be a good girl and not bother you while you're out with your mom, but..."

Bri: "Wait for it..."

Bri: "Trust me; it's gonna be glorious!"

Bri: "...Pause for dramatic effect..."

Bri: "I miss you!"

Bri: "I love you!"

Mia: "OMG! You're so damn crazy, baby. Lol. I miss you more, and I love you too. I can't wait to be back home with you, in your arms."

Bri: "Oh yeah? O.o"

Mia: "Unquestionably."

Bri: "You know whatcha' gotta' do then, don't ya'?"