Chapter 12: Theater

As soon as that damn doorbell rang, I felt my heart begin to race, and I started to get extremely nervous all over again. My palms were sweating too, and I knew for a fact that I looked stressed. I can't help it.

"Oh, honey, wait," Clara said, and Cambria stopped in her tracks as she looked back at her mom.

"I want to take a picture of this moment." She said, smiling. Cambria stood next to me, placing her hand on the small of my back, and we looked at Clara. She lifted her phone, pointing it at the both of us, and we smiled at her.

"Beautiful," Clara said and put her phone on the table when she finished taking a photo of us.

"Mia, are you ready?" Cambria asked while meeting my eyes.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I think," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. Cambria unexpectedly pulled me into a hug, trying to calm my nerves.

"You will be fine, Mia. Just be yourself. Trust me, woman," She said, and I nodded as we parted ways.

Cambria turned around, and all four of us made our way to the front door. She opened the door, and there stood Brittany looking between Cambria and me. She seems a little confused.

"Oh, hello, Cambria." Brittany said and looked over at me, "Hey Mia." she greeted me as well, and I noticed that Cambria folded her arms, shielding me from view slightly.

"What are your intentions with my best friend?" Cambria asked Brittany sternly, not breaking eye contact with her. I did my best not to laugh at this.

"Um..." Brittany hesitated, looking a bit frightened. She glanced at me in the hopes that I would help her. I would like to know that answer myself, honestly.

All of a sudden, I heard some movement, and I turned to see both Clara and Blake standing behind me, curiously watching the interaction unfold between Brittany and Cambria.

"Isn't asking such a question my job?" Blake asked his wife, and she giggled at that, making me smile.

"I just want to take Mia out and have a good time." Brittany finally said, answering Cambria's question.

"I see... A good time?" Cambria countered, accusingly.

"I mean... You know... have fun." Brittany said, attempting to correct herself from her previous statement.

"Have fun...?" Cambria asked her.

"Oh, damn, I am not saying anything right," Brittany stated defeatedly.

"Evidently," Cambria replied.

"You are to bring Mia back here no later than eleven fifteen on the dot." Cambria then said, finally letting up on Brittany a little bit, to which she nodded hastily, agreeing to Cambria's terms.

"Good. Don't force Mia to do anything she isn't ready for, or you will have to answer to me." Cambria finished saying to Brittany. I could tell that Brittany was finally calming down, and I shook my head at the events that just occurred.

"Couldn't help yourself, could you?" I asked her, amused.

"Nope." She replied, popping the 'p,' and I pulled her into a hug.

"Text me if you need anything, and please, have a marvelous time tonight. Be safe, and I love you." Cambria whispered to me.

"I love you too, Cambria. Thank you for everything." I replied to her, and we withdrew from our hug. Our hug had prompted Blake to speak up next.

"Have a good time," Blake said, and Clara nodded in agreement. I looked at each of them and smiled.

"I shall be back soon, and have a good evening," I said to Blake, Clara, and Cambria before I followed Brittany out the door, closing it behind me.