Chapter 7: Weekend

The journey to Cambria's house is as it always is, utterly enjoyable. Her parents put the music on and held hands. Awww. Adorable. You can see how happy and in-love they remain. Moments like that give me hope. Maybe one day, I will find the right woman for me. Here's hoping.

I stared out the window and let my mind wander. Several minutes had passed until I heard Cambria groan and say, "Oh no..." My attention turned to her, and that is when I realized why she had that response.

I couldn't help but giggle as I listened to her Mom and Dad sing along to the song "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the movie, 'Dirty Dancing.'

"Now I've had the time of my life. No, I've never felt like this before. Yes, I swear, it's the truth, and I owe it all to you..." Blake sang and lovingly looked over at Clara. I watched Cambria's reaction, and she looked at her Mom, grinning. We then caught her Mom singing the next verse to Blake.

"Cause I've had the time of my life, and I owe it all to you," Clara finished. Cambria shook her head in amusement. She looked at me, and I returned her smile, and we gladly continued watching her parents sing along unfold.

"They are so crazy and so in love," Cambria said with a smile.

"I heard that." Cambria's dad said while the instrumental part of the song played, and Cambria simply giggled at what he said to her. I witnessed Clara lean towards Blake, and she captured his lips in a light kiss as the song's chorus returned. "Come on, girls, sing along with us!" Clara spoke to both of us. Cambria began to sing, and I observed, enjoying myself. They sure are a happy family. I'm so glad I can witness this. I wish I could have had moments like this with my family. But, at least I see it with people I love anyway. That's all that matters, right?

My inner dialogue was interrupted when I felt Cambria poke me on my side, making me jump. "You better join in, woman!" She stated. I acknowledged her words and began to sing along with Cambria and her parents as we continued the drive to their house.

We reached their house approximately thirty minutes later. Cambria and I headed up to her room and got our things settled for the weekend. I sat on Cambria's bed, and I began to look through my older photography images, hoping that I could find the right one to use for our research paper. Eventually, I heard movement near me, and I looked up to see Cambria holding her pajamas, waiting for me to look at her.

"I'm gonna' shower. I shouldn't be too long, okay?" I gave her a nod, and she left the room. It's so calm here, and I love it. I ended up laying down while I continued looking for the right photo. Next thing I know, I caught Cambria kissing me on my forehead and saying, "Goodnight, Mia."

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone for the time. Well damn, It surely isn't morning anymore. I sure as hell slept in late. It's freakin' almost two pm! I peered around the room and realized that I'm alone. She must be downstairs. I went to the restroom, washed my face as well as brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. While on my way, I overheard Cambria and her parents talking about me.

"She's a sleeper, huh?" Blake asked, and I heard Cambria chuckle and responded to her father.

"Sometimes, yes. I know Mia doesn't always sleep well at that house with those assholes." She stated, I smiled at that comment, and that's when I heard Blake respond, "That's my girl." He looked at Cambria, clearly proud.

I noticed that Cambria was leaning back on the stool she's sitting on. If she isn't careful, she will fall. Hmmm. I wonder? I took a few seconds, and an idea popped in my head.

I slowly and quietly started to walk up behind Cambria. I glanced over at her dad, and he noticed me. Crap! Before he vocally announced my arrival, I shook my head and put my finger up to my mouth, shushing him. My plan will become ruined if he makes my presence known. He recognized what I planned and smiled at me with an almost devilish grin. I advanced closer to her. I have to control my breathing. The last thing I want to do is give myself away. I am already having a hard time trying not to laugh. I looked at Blake again and saw that he casually strolled over to his wife as she cooked lunch. He leaned over to her as if to kiss her cheek. But, he didn't. That is when I noticed Clara's smirk. Now I know where Cambria gets that damned smirk from. Both Blake and Clara quickly looked at me and gave me their nod of approval. I smiled. We turned our attention back to Cambria, and she's distracted, playing a game on her phone. Oh, hell, yes! This is gonna' be so good!