Daddy's Girl

Jo
"Mommy sing it with me!" My four year old calls from the living room, while I'm in the kitchen making her a snack. "Hurry, hurry it's starting!" She squeals.

My Little Pony, My Little Pony,
What is friendship all about?
My Little Pony, My Little Pony
Friendship is magic!
My Little Pony
I used to wonder what friendship could be.
My Little Pony
Until you all shared its magic with me.
When I was young I was too busy to make any friends.
Such silliness did not seem worth the effort it expends.
But my little ponies, you opened up my eyes
And now the truth is crystal clear, as splendid summer skies.
And it's such a wonderful surprise.
My Little Pony
I used to wonder what friendship could be.
My Little Pony
Until you all shared its magic with me.
When danger makes me wanna hide, you'll Rainbow Dash to my side,
Kindness is never in short supply, once smitten twice Fluttershy.
For honesty no pony can deny, you are the Applejack of my eye,
A heart that shines so beautiful, a Rarity to come by
And you all make fun and laughter as easy as Pinkie Pie!
My Little Pony
I used to wonder what friendship could be.
My Little Pony
Until you all shared its magic with me.
Our friendship's magic and it's growing all the time.
A new adventure waits for us each day is yours and mine.
We'll make it special every time!
My Little Pony
What a wonderful wonder friendship brings
My Little Pony

" Do you know you're all my very best
Friends! Friends, you're my very best
Friends! Friends, you're my very best Friends!" She sings before falling down on the couch catching her breath.

"Okay princess it's time to eat" I say placing down her Mac and cheese with apple slices at the side. "When is daddy coming back?" She asks as she bit on her apple. Tonight ! "He'll be here next week baby" I lied. "But he's going to miss my birthday tomorrow!" She starts to cry. Hero went away to film a movie called 'The Silencing' I don't know much about it, because of a contract or some shit like that. "Faith, look at me princess" I use my fingers to wipe away her tears. "Daddy have to work, so he can have the money to get whatever you want, okay princess ?" I smile at her and he nods. "But I don't want anything, I want daddy to be at my birthday!" she pouts.

"Do you want me to call daddy to make you feel better?" I ask and she nods, wiping away the tears streaming from her eyes. I walk to our room and grab my phone from the night stand. I dialed Hero's number to FaceTime and he immediately answers. "Hey beautiful" he shows his bright smile. "Hey handsome" I blushed. After 8 years of being together I still can't get over his complements. "Faith is mad at you" I giggle. "Awee why?" He asks. "Well she says that you won't be here for her birthday, and she was pretty upset when I told her you won't be here. I think it's going as plan" I giggle. "What time are you landing ?" I ask him.

"I should be here around midnight, so I'll probably be home by like 1 am" he says and I nod. "Well, Faith is in the living room pouting and she wants to take to you. So you better come up with a great excuse Faulkner" I playfully warned.

As I'm walking back into the living room, I hear sniffles from Faith's room. "Faith,baby why are you crying ?" I ask her as I was I to her room. "B-because daddy w-won't be here for my birthday, a-and I-" she starts to sob. "Come here baby, daddy's on the phone" I pull her onto my lap before holding the phone infringe of her. "Hi princess" Hero says. "H-hi d-daddy" she continues to cry. "Why aren't you coming to my birthday ?" She ask sadly.

"Baby, remember when you said that you wanted a pony ?" Hero asks and she nods. "Well, I have to work and get the money so that I could buy you the pony, that means I won—"