19. Second Chances

**Sloan's Perspective**

It had been two months, 60 days, since I last saw Matty. Well, I saw him in class but, we didn't speak. He tried, but I avoided him as much as possible. I couldn't get the way he grabbed my face and forced his lips on mine out of my mind. I could still feel the anger boiling up inside me as I replayed the details. 

"Hey Sloannn" Mica sing-songed as she snapped her fingers in my face. "I am talking to you and you're not listening."

I immediately snapped out of my deep thoughts and turned to look at Mica. She was dressed in a salmon colored sports bra and matching leggings. She had begun to do more yoga since her relationship with George had gotten more serious. Everyday they would meditate together in the park or do yoga at a studio in the city. 

"I need to know how I look!" Mica spun around on her toes with her hair piled up on her head in a bun.

"You look so good." I say. I missed hanging out with Mica, when it was just her and I, no George involved. I could feel myself geting jealous or was I just lonely?

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow babe. I'm gonna spend some sexy time with George and then do some studying at his place. Love ya!" She sauntered down the hallway to her room to grab her bag and some shoes.

"Love ya" I muttered as she walked out of my room. I fell back on my bed with a huff. What was I doing with myself?  Besides therapy and school there was nothing else I left the house for. I hadn't had a drink in about two months and a week. I was proud but I still felt empty. 

I felt my phone vibrate next to me and my heart dropped to my vag. The familiar number glowed across my Iphone and I felt an urge turn off my phone. 

I'm outside, talk to me. Please xx

It was Matty. Although I erased his number from my phone, I still remembered every digit. The only way Matty could be outside is if Mica left before he got here and Matty knew she would be at his apartment with George. If Mica knew he was here she would have told him to leave. I bit down on my lip and decided to ignore his text. 

My phone began to vibrate again.

Please Sloan. I'm sorry. Please I just want to talk to you

I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it. My first urge was to grab my flask. I needed a drink. Matty made me want one so bad. I slowly rose out of bed and began to change into a gray sweatshirt and some light wash boyfriend jeans. I slipped on my purple converse and pulled my hair up into a pony tail. It was tangled and extra curly today so there were a lot of loose strands. I looked in the mirror at my dead eyes and my dry lips. I slapped some chap stick on and put some black sunglasses on. I didn't want Matty to see that I missed him too. I didn't want him to see that I was still so angry at him for the way he treated me and for sleeping with that girl. 

I walked towards the door and I let go of the breath I was holding before stepping out into the afternoon sun.