6. Pepsi

Mica and George immediately stopped kissing and looked at me. I hurriedly picked up my phone and apologized.
"What are you guys in here for?" Matty asked with a sneer while staring directly at me.
"Hey! You're in our music class! And George invited us! So get dressed weirdo and stop staring at my girl!" Mica laughed from her place on George's lap.
"Oh yes, you guys are in my class." He looked at me and turned to walk back to the bathroom. On his way back he grabbed some clothes from a bag lying next to the foot of the bed.
Suddenly I started to feel hot and the room felt super small.
"I'm going outside for some air guys." I walk towards the door and on the way out I hear Mica yell "Make sure you come back in time for their set!"
I hurriedly shut the door behind me and breathe in the smell of smoke that fills the messy hallway. I weave my way through the congested and loud hallways until I get to the front door. I walk past the two guys guarding the door and out unto the porch. Inhaling the night air I sit on the bottom porch step and cross my legs. Part of me is itching for a drink, but I know I shouldn't want one. But it just makes everything easier to deal with. I suddenly hear someone behind me and I freeze. I look up to find the cute guy from the rock-pop band that played when I first got here. His hair was jelled back and his eyes were icy blue.
"Hi I'm Emmett." He smiled and sat down next to me.
He smelled like cigarettes and alcohol. I turned to him and introduced myself.
"That's a beautiful name Sloan."
I smile, "Thanks." And began fiddling with a stray string on the sleeve of my sweater.
"So who did ya come here to see?" He looks at me expectantly and I reply
"My friend Mica was invited by some guy name George, but I'm not sure what band he's in."
He chuckles "He's in the 1975, they should be on soon though. Do you want to go back in and hear them?"
I hesitate and think if I actually want to go back in and see Matty and I decide against it.
"No I rather not. I think I'll just sit out here for a while." I go back to fiddling with my sleeve expecting him to get up and leave but he stays. He pulls out a cigarette and lights it.
"I think I'll keep you company then Sloan." He smiles as he exhales smoke out of his mouth.
And so we sat there on the steps like that, talking for a good hour until he offered me a drink.
"Um no thanks I'm fine." I say. He stubs his cigarette on the ground and asks if I would like any soda instead.
"If there is any I'll take some Pepsi" I smile as he gets up to get our drinks.
While he's getting our drinks I check my phone for any missed call or texts and I have three from Mica.

*where r u?!! They r about to go on??*
*They were amazing!! That guy from class is the lead singer!!*
*where the fuck r u slo, guy from class is looking for u!*

I lock my phone and put it back in my boot, just in time to see Emmett come back with our drinks.
"I see you're still here." He hands me my drink and I'm somewhat relieved because I'm so thirsty.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I take a gulp.
"I don't know just seemed like I took a long time and if I were you I would have left"
"No you were fine." I say as I finish my Pepsi.
"Wow that was fast, we should have raced!" He says. I laugh and began to feel a little weird.
"I don't feel right, how old was that Pepsi?" I can feel myself getting dizzy and I hold onto the railing to steady myself.
"I literally got it right off the counter in the kitchen. Are you okay?" He asks me with a worried expression on his face. But there's another emotion there behind his eyes, but it's only there for a split second so I can't exactly read it.
"I just need to lay down for a bit." I lay my head on the step above mine and close my eyes. He puts his hand on my shoulder and starts to rub it.
"Hey you don't want to lay on these steps let me get you to an actual bed or something. There's plenty of rooms inside the house." He whispers in my ear.
I can't even imagine getting up from this spot because I feel as if I'll pass out before I even make it through the front door. "I can't, I just really don't feel good."
"Don't worry about it, I'll help you. Just lean on me." I try to stand and I can feel my body become heavy as I try to lift my legs to walk. All my energy feels drained and I almost fall back down but Emmett catches me before I hit the ground. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and sweeps his other arm under my legs. I feel myself being carried across the porch and through the door. All the sounds inside the party seem distant and quiet unlike the loud noises I heard earlier.
"What's happening? Wears Mica? I have to call her." Soon I'm being carried upstairs and I can't hear anything at all but the heavy breathing from Emmett.
"You're going to be fine Sloan, you're just sleepy that's all." He carries me into a dark room and lays me down on the bed. I hear him close the door and I want to yell no I'm fine, but all that comes out is a whisper. Everything is blurry and I just want to close my eyes. But all I can think is where's Matty?

**OMG EMMETT!!! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Comment, vote, critique! Any comments or votes would be greatly appraciated! share with whomever and things like that plz and thanks! xx**

P.S. comment the name of your fanfic and I'll read and vote for yours too xx