10. Dates

***Matty's Perspective***

When my lips landed on Sloane's I could feel her warm wet tears running down my cheeks and making their way into our locked lips. I could feel her body tremble as my hands wrapped around her waist. I slowly transitioned my weights onto my knees and she followed suit as she entwined her arms around my neck. We both stood up from the floor with our lips never leaving contact from one another and my hands never leaving her waist. I could feel her putting all of her weight on her tip toes as she struggled to match my height. I lowered myself a little more closer to her height as I guided her to the wall beside my bed. Once she was up against the wall I could feel her body relax and her hands make their way into my hair.

"Jump Sloane." I breathed into her mouth as my hands gripped the back of her soft thighs. She jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist so that the only thing holding her up were me and the wall. I couldn't help but also notice the only material standing between her entrance and my hardness were my skinny jeans and her black cotton panties. Soon her hands made their way down to the buttons on my skinny jeans and she began to fumble with them as I held her up against the wall. I broke our kiss as soon as I realized where this was about to lead and the burn scars that i would surely have to explain.

'Sloane, no I can't, we can't do this right now." I dropped her thighs and backed away from her with my hands rubbing my face. I let out a frustrated sigh as I sat down on my bed. I look up to see Sloane pushing her hair off her face and making her way swiftly out of the room. I could tell by her demeanor that she was upset.

I jump up from the edge of my bed and grab her arm. "Wait, you're not mad at me are you?"

"Don't touch me Matty." She whispers as she pulls her arm from my grasp.

"Ugh not this shit again." I can't understand what she is so upset about and why she is taking it out on me.

She immediately turns towards me and begins to raise her voice. "What do you mean not this shit again? You initiated all of this shit Matty and then pull away when you feel uncomfortable but when I tell you not to touch me it turns into this big argument! Am I not allowed to be uncomfortable?"

I can see the dried tears on her face as her caramel skin reddens from anger.

"I'm sorry you're allowed to feel uncomfortable. Just don't be upset with me okay."

"I'm not upset with you. I'm really hungover and confused." She sighs as she makes her way out of my bedroom and down the hall. I follow her as she walks into my kitchen and sits down at the makeshift table in the corner.

"Can you get me some water?" She asks as she begins to play with the fork that's been sitting on the table. I watch her as she drags the fork around the table between her index finger and her thumb.

Without even looking up from the table she asks "Why are you staring at me so intensely Matty?" I scramble to think of a witty lie but I decide to tell the truth.

"You're an enigma to me Sloane. I want to figure you out, maybe get to know you." I hope that she gets the hint and sees that I want to take her out on a date. I mean we've almost had sex for God's sake.

"Aw Matty are you trying to ask me on a date? Because I can't promise you I'll be an easy person to hang around or even like." She smirks at me as she says this.

I sit her cup of water down on the table next to the fork.

"Well i'll be the judge of that. So whatya say? yes or no?" I smile as she picks up her cup of water and brings it to her lips.

"I'll say yes to your date then Matty." She stands up from the chair and taps the tip of my nose with her finger. As she makes her way out of the kitchen I can hear her yell "I'm staying here tonight! And I'm sleeping in your bed."

***Short chapter, Sorry I've been busy as a bee with school and work and overall life stuff. Hope you enjoyed! Vote and junk thanks!!:)***