𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

Start from the beginning

"This was from two weeks ago?" Sejeong's eyebrows furrowed together as she continued to scroll up the messages. One of her fingers brushed against the ring on her left hand, causing a shock to spread throughout her body.

Her phone dropped to the side, her accidentally calling him as she writhed in pure pain and despair. The call rang for a bit until the person on the other end picked up.

"...hello?"

Sejeong tried her best to stay quiet, barely recognizing the voice on the other end. She knew something was familiar about the guy she met on the rooftop.

"...do you remember?"

Remember what? 

"Rooftop."

With that, the call ended.

Sejeong whimpered at the pain that covered her body. Tears pooled in her eyes as she grit her teeth, her hands gripping onto the sheets for dear life. 

There was a knock on her door followed by an awkward clearing of someone's throat. "Squeaky? Is everything alright in there?"

"I'm still breathing does that count?" Sejeong weakly responded. "Wish I wasn't."

"Okay that's alarming. I'm coming in." Renjun said, opening the door. He walked in and sat at the corner of her bed, watching her with worried eyes.

"Go away dipshit." She groaned, covering her face with a pillow.

"Who are you? Elsa?" He huffed. "What's up? You need an ambulance or something?"

"Just a cold." She mumbled.

"Cold my ass. Stop making excuses so I know how I can help you." He nagged, removing the pillow from her face. He expected her to glare at him but was taken aback when he saw her crying.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I have these holes in my memory and there's someone there, someone I know I need to remember yet... every time I'm close to remembering that person my body shuts down." Sejeong sobbed. "I feel so stupid!"

"You'll eventually remember him. Don't beat yourself up about it." Renjun consoled, awkwardly patting her arm. "It's not your fault."

He quickly got her a glass of water and helped her sit up. Although he wouldn't admit it out loud, his heart ached greatly for his friend. He wanted to tell her so bad about Jisung yet he swore to wait for his friend's go signal. 

"I'm not good at this whole comforting thing so I'll go order some take out and get some ice cream delivered, okay?" Renjun said, wiping her tears with the sleeve of his hoodie. "You go pick out a movie you wanna watch or if you wanna vent something I don't know." 

"But-"

"No buts. Excuse me while I go get my phone." 

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

"What did Renjun have to say?" Jaemin asked as Chenle rejoined their table. They were currently at Cafe 127 for their meeting when Renjun called them out of the blue. 

"Is there an emergency?" Jeno followed up. 

"Well, he just told me Sejeong broke down because she can't remember Jisung. He also found out every time she nearly remembers him she instantly forgets probably because of the magic." Chenle answered.

"I really think it's Hyunjin. That ass has the eyes for Sejeong and has a reason to hate Jisung for what happened with SKZ." Donghyuck stated. 

"What about Miso's stalker amnesia agenda? That girl screams all kinds of fishy." Jeno reminded.

"Also that guy that was being controlled." Chenle added.

"I think you guys are forgetting the letters and flowers." Jisung mumbled.

"Here's your order. Doyoung said you guys are regulars here so I added a freebie cheesecake." The waiter smiled, placing their orders onto the table.

"Thank you, Taeyong." Jisung quietly thanked as Taeyong walked away.

"Wait, you know him?" 

"Taeyong? He was my babysitter before and moved away when the incident happened. I think he's a life and earth mage." Jisung answered. The four stayed quiet, as if having a conversation with the knowing look in their eyes.

"Chenle quick taste the food what if it's poisoned." Donghyuck surmised, pushing the affogato towards him.

"Why not the life mage?" Chenle stammered, sliding the dessert towards Jaemin.

"What are you guys so paranoid of?" Jisung asked, taking a sip of his milk tea.

"Oh my god Park Jisung spit it out right now." Jaemin gasped, shaking him.

 "Just because the second syllable of his name is 'Yong' doesn't mean he's the Yong we're looking for." Jisung pointed out. "Plus, it's only a coincidence with my name and Sejeong's. What if his name doesn't have Yong anymore like how your names also changed?" 

"He does have a point." Jeno agreed. "Since you're the one who has memories of the past shouldn't you be able to identify him?"

"He could look different now though. Just like all of us we don't have the exact look we used to have so I need to be careful. Plus, we're not even sure if our bad guy here is a reincarnation of Yong." Jisung explained. "But still... it bothers me."

"What does?"

"If they want to get back at me, they can kill Sejeong to torture me. Why are they waiting it out like this? What are they waiting for?" Jisung shared. "But if they were to kill me both Sejeong and I would die."

"That crosses Miso off our list then." Donghyuck sighed.

"If Hyunjin likes her then it would make sense to steal her away from you." Chenle spoke up.

"Then what's the point of erasing her memories of me instead of putting her under mind control?" Jisung questioned.

"I... don't know." Chenle admitted. He chewed on his straw as he tried his best to think. "I'm running out of braincells cheesus." 

"You guys still have braincells?" Jeno joked.

"You guys still have a brain?" Jaemin asked.

A/N

renjun best friend agenda in this chapter HAHAHAHAHAH

a somewhat longer chapter than usual. i'll be doing my thesis for a while so bear with me if there are any typos or anything that doesn't make sense