Flop flop

You had finished your mission and was now back at the agency. Everyone got out of the helicopter and want to there rooms except for Midas. He went to the water surrounding them.

You were in the break room getting a snack and a drink. You sat down and watched some tv. You looked at the time it had been an hour since you had gotten back.

You left the room going to go find Midas. You got outside and saw something in his arms.

"Hey Midas there you are. What's that you got?"

Midas turned around to face you. His face was red he lifted his arms up and showed you something. It looked like a flopper but at the same time it looked a tiny bit like Midas.

"Look it's me in fish form!"
"What?"
"Well I have a fish version of me as well. It's my little baby."
"Right okay. Um do you want to head inside."
"Yeah. Do you know where a fish bowl is by any chance."
"No I don't."
"Oh ok well I will find one."

You both when into the break room and Midas found a bowl filled it up with water and put the fish in there.

"How's daddy little boy?"
Midas was talking to the fish? He had a squeaky voice that you make when you talk to a dog.

"Let me go find you some food. I found some worms earlier I hope you like them."
(I don't know what fish eat I heard something about worms I'm not sure)

You went to go and find Tina and Skye to go show them Midas. You left the room and saw Tina and Skye coming your way.

"Hey guys I want to show you something in the break room."
Tina looked at you confused and Skye just said
"Yeah sure what is it."

You motioned them to follow you in the break room and they did.

"Aww you ate that quick."

The girls just looked at you confused.  You whispered.
"This is what I wanted to show you."

Midas heard you and turned around.
"Hey girls. Have you met my little boy goldie?"

Tina has a shocked face.
"Umm no Midas I haven't."
Skye saw it was a fish and said
"Awww it's so cute. He sort of looks like you."
"He does. He is just as handsome as is father."
"Umm y/n can I talk to you."

You left the room with Tina.
"What the hell happened"
"I don't know. All of us came back and he said he wanted to sit by the water. It had been an hour and I went to check up on him. The first thing he said was it his little baby. I don't know what to do."
"Well I don't know either. Maybe this is just a phase. Well I hope it is."

Midas opened the door and said
"Hey girls. Y/n I think goldie is missing his mum."

As soon as he said mum you felt weird.

"Umm Midas are you ok?"
"Yeah why wouldn't I?"
"Nothing"
"Ok well I am going to see how goldie is."

You walked into the break room and Skye said
"Can I babysit goldie someday"
"Well you will have to ask Midas."

Midas picked up goldie and hugged him.
"Well Skye someday you might be able to. Anyway I am going to my office."

Midas left the room singing lullabies to goldie. Skye grabbed a class of orange juice and sat down next to you and Tina.

"Goldie is so cute. It is weird that he looks so much like Midas. How does that even happen."
Tina looked up of her phone and said
"If I'm being honest with you I really don't know but I'm worried about him."
"Why he seems fine."
"Well he doesn't act like this he is the one who has no emotion."

You took a mouthful of your drink and said
"I'm not trying to but in but he has been a acting strange. Don't tell him that I told you this but most of yesterday he was crying, most of his moods have been all over the place."
"Do you know if anything has happened that might of done this to him."
"Not that I can think of. He said that he was crying yesterday because I was moving room."
"Um Skye do you want to go play some video games why I talk to y/n in private."

Skye just nodded and left the room.
"What's the matter Tina?"
"Ok this whole conversation never happened got it?"
"Yeah"
"Ok well I think I might know the reason why he is acting so strange. When he was younger he never got on with his dad but he got really well with his mum. His mum had to go on a work trip not that far away but his mum never came back so that's why Midas was acting weird well still is. He probably is scared that something is going to happen to you so he probably is being so protective of this fish so it distracts him from being worried."
"Oh I didn't know that. Shit. I feel sorry for him I don't know he cares that much about me."
"Well that's Midas for you. You either have to be one of his agents for a year or two or he must really love you like a lot. He doesn't normally cry though just keep an eye on him."
"Yeah will do. I'm going to go check up on him."

You left the room thinking about what you had just learnt. You soon made it to his office. You knocked on the door a few times.

"Come in"
You walked over to him and gave him a hug.
"Hey girlie I have a question what one do you think I should get?"

Midas showed you his laptop and pointed at the photos of prams.

"Umm I'm not sure Midas. What ever one you prefer. How is goldie?"
"He is good. He fell asleep a few minutes ago. He is a cute sleeper like you are."
"Thanks you are a cute sleeper as well."
"You know what I'm going for this one. I also ordered food and toys for him."
"He will enjoy that."

You walked over to goldie Midas wasn't wrong he was a cute sleeper. He slept exactly like Midas did. He was literally just like a miniature Midas. You just watched him for a few minutes until Midas came over and hugged you.

"He is cute isn't he."
"Just like his daddy."

Midas smirked at you. You soon realised what you had just said.

"Anyway let's get ready for later."
"Ok see you later Midas and goldie."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

So Midas thinks of the fish as his child which is cute. I don't know what to write here so yeah. Anyway hope you have a good day baii ✌️