Chapter-3: "This isn't Fair"

•Faith•

"This sucks." I said out loud, watching Virgil agree with me.

"Ya, it does. We should of known they would see through our lie." Virgil let out a deep sigh before collapsing on my bed, face first.

"Well, they're Gods." I said mostly to myself. "And we're their children."

I flung myself next to my brother, putting my hands behind my back as I stared at the ceiling.

My room was huge, you can fit about three cars in here. My queen size bed made it look like I'm some spoiled kid, but I'm not. I have a forty feet wide flat screen tv, with three different consoles; Xbox1, Play-station 4, and a Wii. Virgil's room is just like mine, but a little smaller. I guess being a girl is part of that.

I glanced over at my brother, noticing that he watching me with curious eyes. "Do you think they'll ground us?" I shrugged as a response.

"I'm not quite sure, if so, then we can't do anything about it." I stated. Virgil didn't look convinced, but nodded anyway with a frown.

"What if they won't let us go back to the lower world?" Virgil said as he sat up on his elbows. "I won't be able to live with myself. I'll just be a shell, empty and alone." He said while placing his right hand on his heart, looking upset.

"Don't be so dramatic, brother..." My voice dragged off as I suddenly heard a soft knock at my door. Looking at Virgil, noticing he had the same look as me.

"You think it's mom or dad?" I whispered as I stood up.

"Both." Virgil whispered back.

Going to the door, I slowly opened it to see it was Lucas, and not our parents as we expected.

Ah, Lucas. He was moms guardian before mom met dad. Our parents told us about their story as they grew up. Like mom being a shifter before she even became a Goddess, or when dad had to wait till he was eighteen to shift because of mom. It's funny how their paths are different.

"D-do they want to see us?" I stumbled over my words as I looked up at Lucas.

Lucas smiled sadly while nodding. "Yes, in their studies." He said that, then left down the hall.

I looked over at Virgil who looked shocked. Our parents never let us in the study. They said there are things we shouldn't know yet, maybe it's time.

"We better go..." I said as Virgil got off the bed, straightening his jacket. He nodded, then we walked out of my room and down the quiet hall. "I wonder what's going to happen?"

We stopped in front of a crystal door, the doorknob was black almost as it was made of glass.

Virgil knocked loudly, and we waited till we heard our parents word to come in. I opened the door, stepping into the room I haven't seen since I was little.

"Please sit." Dad said, pointing to the two chairs in front of a wooden desk. In the chair behind the desk, was our mother. Her look was cold which send a chill down my spine.

We sat quickly, I can feel my hands starting to shake. Even though they're our parents, they're very strict when it comes to our safety.

"We want to know what happened in Riverwood, no excuses." Mom said, her eyes immediately looking at me. "Faith, I know you felt something when you went there. Please describe what you were feeling."

I gulped, "Well, when I first got there I felt a weird presence. I thought it was nothing, so I let it go. We came to the town called, "Riverwood," which we thought it was a normal town. We were wrong though when we entered a café, and a biker guy came in. First, I thought something was wrong. I realized that we came across a town filled with rogues. Of course, we went to get away from the town, but the bike rogue followed us. Virgil took care of it. There's one thing that won't leave my mind, and that's the biker guy. I don't know how to explain it, but he had a dark aura around him. Something I couldn't quite explain." I finished and looked up, and when I did, boy was I surprised.