Chapter 28: New Contract

Please read note at the end
Virgil

I wasn't prepared for anything when I came back to the pack house. Soon as I entered I was greeted by dad who stopped me in the hallway.

"Son, you're finally came back. It's been hours. Where have you been?" He asked. He frowned as I just stood there, shrugging was my only response. "Is something wrong?"

I glance up at my father. Does he know that I was brought back by a stone? That mom went to the Dark World to only make me sicker than anything.

"Dad. . ." I let my voice drag as I rubbed the back of my head as I tried not to snap. "I really just want to go to sleep. I'm exhausted and I feel sick. I'm going to bed. Let's talk tomorrow." I said as I past him, going up the stairs two at a time.

I can hear my dad say something, but I didn't really bother to ask what he said. I went over to my door, hand grasping the knob, but I couldn't seem to turn it. I leaned my head on the door as I squeezed my eyes shut.

Turning my head slightly, I saw my sisters door cracked open just a smudge. I crossed over to hers, peeking in to see her sprawled across her bed with Enzo curled at her waist.

I gave a weak smile before going over, picking up Enzo, letting him lay in my shoulder as I lifted Faith, and picking up the sheets before laying her back down. Covering her up, and tucking the sheets into the curves of her body. I then placed Enzo beside her, petting him gently.

I was about to leave when Faiths hand grip my shirt, I stopped and looked down to see her looking through half closed lids.

"V-Virgil?" She whispered.

"Ya it's me." I whispered back. "Go back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning." I leaned down and gave her forehead a kiss which she hummed.

"I'm sorry." I frowned as her voice cracked.

"Don't be sorry Faith. It's nobody's fault." But moms. "Sleep now."

She gave my hand a squeeze before she curled up with Enzo who is surprisingly still asleep.

Hearing her snores, I quietly left to my room. Closing the door and locking it, I took off my clothes throwing them aside. I went to the bathroom, lazily turning on the faucet and washing my face from sweat.

I gripped the sink as I took deep breaths. I glance up to see a boy that thought he was alive and well only to understand he's just a walking creature.

I looked away from the mirror, walking back to the bed where I threw my sheets aside. Getting in, I just laid there looking at the ceiling.

Remembering the creatures words from earlier I knew once I close my eyes I'll meet it.

So I close my eyes. . .

•§•§•

     "You just going to lay there?" A voice said making me groan. I blinked a few times before catching my surroundings. I was in a room, just a normal room with pictures of the scenery and what looks like wolves.

Next I noticed I was on a bed, it was comfortable in a weird way. I slowly sat up, sliding my legs to the side, rubbing my head before looking up to greet the voice.