Chapter 14: Bad time for the Elders

Virgil

I laid gently on my bed before glancing at my clock, it was only five minutes passed midnight. Yet, I haven't slept.

Just like my sister, I'm still adjusting the information we just got told yesterday afternoon. Plus, we now know that the boy who save Faith is actually an extinct werewolf.

I chuckled, then slide out of bed, and grabbed my phone that was on dressed next to me. I walk over to the door, opening it quietly before slipping out. I tiptoed to the stairs, noticing everything was dark and silent, only hearing the clock that was on the far wall while it made a clicking sound.

Making sure no one was around, I summoned air that lifted me up by guiding it to the bottom of stairs, gently placing on my feet down, I rushed to the door to the outside.

I stepped out, feeling the cold air hit me like a snowball. I sneezed, rubbing my nose before lunging forward, shifting midway and landing perfectly on all fours. I quickly made myself a regular size wolf and not my true height. I shook my fur out, then started running to the forest, slipping in like a shadow.

I relaxed immediately, feeling my tense shoulders loosen from comfort of the night. I proceed through, moving in and out like a shadow, like I was hiding from something.

I came to a slow run, glancing around I notice I was somewhat lost. I never been in this part of the woods before. I took a deep breath, yawning loudly.

Now I'm tired?

I growled at my stupidity, but ignored it and went to these bushes, where I sniffed it and smelled strawberries. I licked my lips, taking a bite from the stem, swallowing and moaned.

Yummy.

I was enjoying my snack when I heard a group of giggles, heading towards me. I panic, backing away and turned. Running back into the trees and hid, peering out I saw four people step out, wearing black cloaks.

"Oh Holly, your so funny!" I stayed silent as the one who spoke pulled her hood back, letting me see an young girl.

"Shut up Casey!" The girl said beside her as she pulled hers down which I'm guessing is Holly.

"Also, I heard she's in town." The person beside Holly said as another girl stood there, crossing her arms.

Casey, the young one, laughed and jumped up and down. "I know! I know! I can't wait to see her. I wonder if she coming to the ball next week?" The girl twirled around, smiling and enjoying her annoying self.

"Casey, you know she has a lot on her hands, right?" A boy said from behind the girls which I didn't notice yet.

"I know Darien." Casey said, pouting.

That's when the wind picked up letting me catch their scents. Two were witches, a werewolf, and a vampire which they have been a lot of them over the years.

The boy was the vampire, I could smell his stench. I'm not even a fan of vampires.

"Man! I would love to have a bite right now." The female wolf said who growled in frustration.