Chapter 20: Challenged

Faith

Being alone is the biggest mistake of my life. Why did I even ask Enzo to leave? I wish I could slap myself right now, but at the moment I'm quite busy handling something.

In front of me was a creature from the Dark World, it's body was clearly made out of smoke and it looked like a snake, but with legs which is unlikely something anyone would see. It's long neck slithered back and forth, watching me with slit eyes.

I took a deep breath before transforming into my tigress armor

I took a deep breath before transforming into my tigress armor. Of course I was still getting use to the feeling of it being heavy, but this armor is for the best solution for right now.

Smashing my fist together, I got ready as it charged. I growled, then charged forward as well. As we got close, I quickly grab it's long neck making it hiss in pain before it attacked by using its tail. Feeling it's tail whip around my wasit and started to squeeze I couldn't help, but become more angry than before.

I was still upset after it attacked me when I was in my animal form, it's claws piercing through my back was still lingering there. The pain is unbearable, but I healed it which was good.

Gripping it's head with one arm, I grab it's tail and started to squeeze it which I was hoping it had effect, but it just made it more angry angry. It continued to squeeze as it back legs tried to get through my armor, but couldn't.

"Being the child of the God's is great isn't it?" I stared at the creature as it looked into my eyes through my helmet. "It's great being the strongest, right? Being powerful makes you the best, right?" It's words made me feel weird. My mind was seeing images of myself being the Goddess of the world.

To say, it felt good.

Feeling my arms drop from my side, I began to see more images of myself in positions that made me powerful.

"That's right, you are great and powerful. No one can replace you. No one is as strong as you, right?"

No one as strong as me, I thought as I began to feel sick.

That's when I felt my helmet being crushed making me come back to my senses. Taking notice that the creatures tail wrapped around my helmet making me act quickly. I pushed myself forward, my arms grabbing the creature making it surprise itself as I crashed through the trees.

Feeling it lose its grip, I grip it's tail, then swung it around before letting go. It crashed through the trees, it's pain was nothing to me as it hissed and screeched in pain.

"How can this be? I'm a powerful creature and you pulled through my illusion." I began to feel sick again, but I ignored the feeling and laughed.

"I'm more powerful than you will ever-." I was suddenly thrown aside, crashing into a tree which crushed under my weight of armor.

Feeling pain from my back, I knew I must retreat or I might get more injured.