Chapter 18: Trust against Power

Virgil●

The voices, I could hear them. Their breath fanning my face as I stood there, spear in hand and only wearing the clothes I wore to bed. Still, why aren't they attacking. The shadows of a Dark World, they kept their distance as I stood there out of breath while Faith just stood behind me, being afraid.

"Faith, please trust me. Don't worry about your power, and do what you must. What we need!" I shouted, giving her my complete confidence.

How this all ended up like this, well honestly it started this morning where we woke up to a disaster worse than anything we ever seen.

(10 hours earlier)

"Wake up. He-he." I ignored the voice, and rolled over to the other side of the bed only to fall off. My face slammed into the floor, making me feel pain, but it quickly went away.

Getting up slowly, I began to smell something weird. That's when I glanced up, seeing something surprising. The wall that was my door to the hallway was gone, and in its place was just a hole. The rest of the mansion was gone.

"It's gone." My head snapped up to see a black bird, it's glowing eyes starring at me as if I'll fall dead. It giggled again, but louder making me wince in pain. Then it spread it's wings and flew away into the open roof.

The sky was black and red, very unusual. Looking behind me, I notice that all my walls are gone. I gasped and went to the edge of where my door was suppose to be, and jumped down. Landing peacefully, I glanced around and noticed Faith wasn't near me.

"Faith!" I shouted to only hear my voice. Faith, where are? I said through the link, but she didn't respond. Mom? Dad? I'm surprised they aren't responding either.

How did I sleep through this, I thought to myself as I ran a heavy hand down my face.

Feeling the air change, I glanced up at the sky as it began to shift in the direction of South making it colder.

"Die. Die." I summoned my halberd, and turned to see the bird again. It was perched on a piece of wood that once was apart of the house. It's glowing eyes starred into my soul as to say, 'die for me'.

"Get!" I hollered making it fly away again.

Shaking my head, I began to find my lost sister, and somehow figure out what happened.

Faith

Feeling something heavy against my chest, I woke up to face something dangerous. Right above me was a piece of sharp drift wood that was barely hanging onto whatever it was hanging from. Then I notice a heavy log was on top of me, making me trapped.

Carefully moving my hands under the log, I pushed up only to drop it as I notice the hanging wood above me began to go lower as I moved the log on top of me. Knowing I have to do this quickly, I counted to three before shoving the wood off me, then rolling over as soon the sharp pointy wood landed where my head should've been.

Gripping my waist, I struggled out of the debris to see a horrid sight. I dropped to my knees as I saw Enzo laying there, his eyes wide in fear making me want to puke. His side was split open, and his blood was already dried up.

"What happened?" I mumbled as I step away from Enzo's dead body, and began to walk away to see more debris of wood. I crouched down, grabbing a piece of cloth that was familiar.