Chapter-1: The Beginning

Virgil

I stared at the sunset as it slowly began fade. It's yellow glow warmed me as it faded completely.

"There goes the warmth. See you tomorrow." I said while getting up, staring out into the ocean.

Valhalla, a world where time is fast and can't seem to slow down.

Shifting into my white and black striped wolf, I headed home which is the center of Valhalla. My paws dig into the wet sand, keeping me from sinking. My home came into view, it's ruins were old and not renewed.

Running towards the gates, I spotted Lucas sitting with Odin whom was a machine.
I barked, their heads looked my way.

"My prince, hope you had a nice run." I barked again, he smiled and continued on doing what he was doing. Entering the gates I saw mom and dad, training in the fields. Their swords clashed together, making sparks.

Shifting back with my clothes on, I ran towards them. "Hey mom! Hey dad!" They both turned to me while flinging their arms out, the weapons vanish quickly.

"Hey son, how was the run?" Dad was the first to speak.

"Good. Saw the sunset fade." Dad smiled.

Dad was old, and when I say old I mean thousands of years old. They told my twin and I about when you turn twenty you'll stop aging, which is something I'm looking forward too.

My parents are quite young for their age. My dad looked young, but he aged a little when my sister and I came along. His hair was white of course and a few wrinkles, like mom, but she has pinkish white hair.

Mom laughed, and came to me, placing her gloved hand on my shoulder. "Dinner will be done soon. Why don't you go get your sister." I nodded and shifted mid jump, heading out of the castle grounds and into the forest that lays not far from the castle.

•Faith•

Staring at the dummy in front of me, I pulled out my two daggers, throwing them at it. I watched as the daggers pierced through the sack of the head. "Perfect."

Going back to the table that was filled with weapons, I picked up a bow and arrow.
Going back to the line I made with a stick, I lined the arrow and took a deep breath.

Smirking, I let the arrow fly through my fingers, watching it spin out of control as it pierced through the heart. "Perfect." Putting the weapon back, I grab my towel and wrapped it around my neck, then took a sip of my water.

I listened to the forest as I relaxed. I can hear the birds chirping and the sound of a herd of deer running made me relax.

Being free is what I like to do, in my spare time though.

I was about to practice again when I heard animal foot coming my way. Grabbing my bow and arrow again, I lined the arrow and aimed where the creature will come through.

Taking a breath, I watched as I saw a wolf, laughing I let the arrow go.

I watched as the black and white wolf jump over the arrow, twisting around the wolf watched it hit the tree. The wolf turned to me and bared its teeth, letting out a vicious growl.

Faith! I laughed and put the bow back.

What! I thought you were a wild animal out to get me. I can hear him growling as he vanished from my head.

"I can't believe you did that!" I shrugged and sat down on the ground. The sun was setting and only the lights of the sun was barely showing through the trees.