Advent Abbadon Part 1

Lost within the endless maelstrom of white, a young woman felt her legs drift amidst the endless curtain of snow. A cold wind howled against her, its speed strong enough to shake the nearby trees.

No wildlife dared to wander amid this desolate mountain. Was this female who journeyed through the winter a fool with a death wish? Well, some would definitely agree with that notion. However, her unwavering will, inexhaustible strength, and fierce expression told a different story.

How long had it been since this lonesome wanderer had tasted the warmth of sunlight? A month? Six months? A year? She did not care enough to know. All the young woman wanted now was to keep going forward.

Using her right arm to block the ongoing snowstorm from hitting her eyes, she separated her lips to speak. "Kohryu, how much further now?" her words echoed all the way to the great mountain's summit.

"Not far — though I suspect the one who summoned us here won't be open for chit-chat," a masculine, husky voice spoke from within the innermost depths of the female's subconscious.

"Doesn't matter. Whoever it is, if they try something funny I'll just kick them down this damn mountain and call it a wrap."

The disembodied voice, Kohryu, laughed out loud. "That confidence of yours never ceases to amaze me," he echoed her courageous heart with a momentary sense of satisfaction, however, things were never that simple with him.

"If we're pushed back against the wall — run."

Raising her eyebrow, the girl felt slightly tilted over the suggestion. "What's with you today? We never lost, not even to Esdeath. I'm sure we'll be fine."

A heavy sigh then came from within the female's mind.

"Anna...I never told you this before because it never seemed relevant — but just know that there are threats greater than the Ice Queen could ever have hoped to be. This world is but one of many, and even my power is but a drop in the ocean when looking at the grand scheme of the universe."

"This world is one of many? You mean like... aliens?"

"No, girl..." he sighs. "Well in-part, I suppose that those must exist out there. Nevertheless, I more so speak of other universes and timelines. In the limitless web of possibility lie vastly different Earths to our own — from worlds where you never escaped the Empire's mental reprogramming to worlds so vastly distinct to our own that the concept of gods walking amongst mortals is commonplace."

Stopping dead on her tracks, Anna cut to the heart of the matter. "And? Pretty sure whoever called for me is not some God from an alternate timeline or whatever, " she put it bluntly.

"That's where you might be wrong, girl. Though you can't sense it — I have only felt pressure like the one being emitted from the summit once... a long time ago."

"Don't leave me hanging Kohryu... tell me the whole story."

"In an age predating men — a primeval creature born somewhere beyond the cosmos walked upon the Earth. If one were to merely look upon this ancient monster they'd be induced to end their own lives. Back in those ancient times, the young Earth was home to mythical beasts with power the likes of which would make Esdeath look like a mere child... yet the presence of this creature brought them to their deaths."

"If that's the truth... then how are we having this conversation right now?"

"This Great Old One that brought an end to most of life on Earth during the Age of Myths... its name was Abbadon the Destroyer of Worlds. It came from another world guided by forces unknown to us and murdered the Goddess that ruled over life, Selena, and her husband. It was truly the end.