The Poisonous Heart: Anna

I catch Ren in my hands before he could get up from the kick. The trees around us fall as he slashes his sword. The blade harmlessly bounces off my armor leaving him open. I shoulder him in the stomach and send him flying above me with another kick. I launch off the ground getting above him. I pepper him with kicks before sending him back down to the ground. He lands hard, leaving a small crater in the ground. I use the air around me to get some momentum and tackle him across the field. We both come skidding to a stop. He gets up slowly and holds out his blade towards me. He's hardly phased at all by my attacks. Guess I'll have to make him bleed then! I unsheathe my blades and fangs and look at him with a murderous gaze. He's the reason we've ended up like this! He's the reason why our family is split! I dash forward pushing hard off the ground and catch his blade in mine. He kicks my leg out from under me and I fall to one knee. I use this chance to spin on my hands and sweep his legs out from under him. Before he hits the ground, I slash upward with my blades and feel flesh. He tumbles through the air and lands softly on his back. He gets up again with blood streaming down his face and over one of his eyes. He cracks a smile and goes on the offensive.

He's faster than he was moments ago. I know Ren and he's figured me out already. I brace myself for his attacks and feel the cold steel slice the openings in my armor in quick successions. He's not trying to get the kill yet, he wants to weaken me up first. That's not going to happen! I block his next attack and lock eyes with him. He's struggling to open that one eye. If I can keep on that side, I'll always have that advantage. I bounce him up in the air and flip backwards and get down on my hands and knees. Time for a new attack I've been working on these past couple months. The pain slowly churns throughout my body until I can't take it anymore. I scream out in pain and feel the scale blade come out the top of my wrist. I've still got some tricks up my sleeve! I pounce off the ground and use my momentum to tackle Ren to the ground. I stab at him, but he dodges every attacks. Why won't he just take the hit and die!? I have to get my revenge on AKAME! I stab once again, but not at his head, I drive the sword deep into his side. Too bad it's not venomous or he'd die quickly and that's too boring. I want him to suffer. I'll kill him slowly until he feels the pain of losing a family! A fist connects with my face and I spin to the side. My sword disappears from my wrist as I hit the ground.

"Anna, get a hold of yourself!" Ren screams out in pain, "I don't want to kill you! If I have to then I will!"

"Then it looks like you're gonna have to kill me then." I smile wickedly, "You started this fight when you left us, and I'm going to be the one to end it!"

I leap off the ground and spiral downwards with my blades out! He blocks the attack, which I predicted. I use the momentum to slam my foot in his face. He stumbles to the side and slashes downwards. His blade connects deeply in my shoulder. I grit my teeth in pain and grab his sword in my hands. Blood trickles down hands as I lift him up in the air and slam him to the ground. He lets go of the sword as he hits the ground. I take the sword out and throw it at his side.

"Get up!" I tell him. When he doesn't, "I said get up you worthless piece of shit!"

"Guess I'm going to have to kill you after all." Ren grabs his sword and stands up on wobbly legs, "I didn't want to, but your actions here lately prove that you're fighting for the Empire. I'll kill all that support them!"

He gets into a stance that looks like he's going to try and finish me on his next few attacks. I won't let that happen! I hold my fangs out towards him trying to predict his attack. He's going to go to the left of me, then I'm going to go to the right. He's the one who's going to fall in this fight, not me! He sprints forward towards me and I sprint towards him. I slash with my fangs ripping through flesh. I smile and spin on my feet. Ren does the same and the look on his face probably matches mine. Selan stands in between us holding out his hands to both of his. He shakes where he stands. He's trying to not fall down. He falls to the ground as the venom starts taking it's toll on him. I fall to my knees and crawl over to him.