In the Shadows: Ren

I wake up in a world of darkness. The only thing I can see is the small torch by the iron bars that keep me from leaving from wherever I'm at. This is all Eisa and her gang. I need to get out of here and get to Anna. If she's back and stronger than ever, we can end this war quicker. I reach for Yami, only to find it gone. I squint in the darkness and see Yami leaning up against the wall just out of reach. I get up off the cold ground and stumble down to one knee. My head is killing me. Whatever Seila did, with that attack, still has some effect on me. The last thing I remember is being tied up and carried off. I have no clue where I'm at nor do I even know how long I was out for. Through the pain, I get to the iron bars and see if their is any way out, but it seems as if their isn't even a door to this cage. 

"If you're looking for a way out, you're out of luck." Rarick appears in front of me, "What you're in is a special cell that only a specific person can open. You know, you're only alive because of Eisa. She really cares about you for some reason. Even after you all left us to die, she still cared about you. Even Selan left us all to die!" He reaches through and grabs me by the collar of my shirt and slams me against the bars, "If it were my decision, I would've killed you from the beginning."

"You wouldn't have been able to." I smile, "I'm stronger than you think."

"You know nothing about us and we've been keeping a close eye on you for Eisa. She's the one in control for now, but she keeps thinking you might join up with us and lead us like you use to when we played together." He drops me, "Guess I should grab Eisa and tell her that you're awake. Time for you to meet the rest of the team. Too bad we'll have to tie you up for it."

He walks off laughing to himself. There's more of them? I wonder how many are against the Empire here. I wonder who Eisa was talking about when she said that she can't disobey someone. If someone that powerful is here, why is she the one leading. I smile to myself when I remember the times we played together. They were simpler times and we were children. Not a worry in the world. Eisa was always chasing after me trying to copy everything I did. I guess I'm the one she's taken after for leading. Selan was the true leader, but he always let us have our fun. I press myself against the iron bars and reach for Yami. I can barely touch the sheath. I hear footsteps coming down the long hallway and quickly leap back from the bars. Eisa and Seila appear in the dim lighting.

"Glad you're awake Ren." Eisa touches the bars and they disappear leaving a small doorway, "Just let us tie you up and we'll take you to the Great Hall. Please don't struggle or I'll have Seila here knock you out again. I'm sorry, but she's a bit rough with her power."

"You know I'll escape right?" I hold out my hands so that she can tie my hands up, "You don't know when, but I'll escape and get back to my friends and family."

"Don't worry about that." Seila attacks my mind, "You'll have to go through the couple hundred people down here to leave."

"Can't be that many." I sigh, "Where is 'down here' exactly?"

"A massive city that the Empire built on top of." Eisa says leading me through the darkness, "Where we're at, is the Old Empire. The glory days of old are written on these walls. After a brutal plague, the Empire decided to build on top of the old city to leave the sick to die. They didn't want the sickness to spread. It did spread, however, this new sickness has made the Empire into what it is today: A corrupt vile beast that needs to die. I know that Night Raid took your parents away from you and the Empire took your home away. I want you to know, that we plan on capturing Anna tonight. She's in the city with a few Night Raid members. If things get bad, we might have to kill some Night Raid members. Here's the thing, you're gonna be helping us get Anna. If she sees you're with us, then she'll come willingly. I'll give you your blade back and if need be, you will fight for us. You got that?"