Coldness: Selan

There's so much pain in my head. I'm barely able to keep conscious. I've been strapped in a chair with hardly any food or water for about a week now. I've been stripped of my armor and swords. I see them in the corner of the dark room, but I don't have a lot of strength left. I struggled to get out of the chair and the cuffs, but they were too strong for me. Now, I've no energy or will to try to get out. I'm worried about Anna. The last thing I saw her do was get up and walk with the Jaegers as if they were her friends. They did something to her and I want to free her from their grasp. General Budo has been torturing the entire time and all he does when he isn't torturing me, is sit in the back of the room by the warm fire. When he gets orders from Esdeath, who has rarely been down to see me, he gets up and jolts me with a ton of electricity through my head. I don't know what they're after torturing me. Maybe it's to keep Anna on their side. I feel as if I've been betrayed though.

We've always told each other if their were any problems or secrets. Anna, however, kept a dark secret hidden the entire time. I don't blame her though. My feelings towards her haven't changed. I'm sure that if her secret got out, she would be chased to the ends of the Earth to get her abilities. So she can make new Teigu? I would never have guessed it. I was wondering why she came back to the tavern in that armor. She was working on a project using the Wyvern scales we killed last year. Those were great times; working together towards a single goal. But now, we're a split group. I now know the reason behind Anna's strong will. She wants to destroy everything the Empire has and in turn kill Akame for killing our parents. She isn't afraid of Akame, but she should be. Budo has told me about each known member of Night Raid. Akame can kill a person in one slice. If the curse doesn't get to you first, your head will roll.

"Is he willing to talk yet?" I hear Esdeath outside the room with Budo, "I need him up and walking so that he may join the team. His strategies can replace Tilan easily and he is stronger."

"I'm surprised you want a nonuser to join the Jaegers." Budo says back, "He can very easily just be forced to join the ranks of the Empire and die on the front lines. Yes, his talent for tactics is greater than anyone we have, but he's nothing but trash. He is strong, but he isn't a match for any wielder. I don't know why you insist on me trying to break him."

"Oh aren't you just a mouthful of words today Budo." Esdeath's cold tone says to him, "Remember where you stand and remember who you're talking to."

"If you're willing, I think you should be the one to break him in." Budo chuckles, "I've done everything I can possible without killing him. Anymore of my shocks and he'll die."

"Fine." My eyes snap open as the door slowly opens and I'm looking into Esdeath's blue gaze, "Even after being in here for so long, you've retained your composure. Tell me, what drives you?"

I remain silent.

"You're going to tell me or," I hear the unsheathing of a sword behind me and the cold metal of it against my neck, "we can have some fun. You're too adorable for me to kill."

"It's too end the Empire and destroy Night Raid." I tell her, "That's all."

"Is that really it?" Esdeath pulls a chair in front of me and sits in it, "Tell me, what is your connection with Anna? Are you and her really related? If that is so, then you are the rightful king of the Empire."

"No." I answer plainly, "Anna is the only one related to the first king. What do you plan on doing with her? She's just a little girl."

"With tremendous power." Esdeath smiles wickedly, "I plan on using her to remove the Emperor and the Prime Minister from power. Once she is on the throne, I will be the one with the true power!"

"So she's a puppet then?" I say weakly, "Where is she? Tell me where she is!" I struggle to get out of the chair, "If you think I'll join you and help you win the damn war, then you're wrong! I'll die before I join you!"