Might of the Knight: Selan

Morning comes and everyone seems to be okay. Anna seems back to normal being her cheery self. I was worried about her after I overheard her and Ren talking last night, but I can rest easy now that they're both alright. Ren's head injury seemed to heal almost overnight and the bruising on Anna's face went down a lot. We may not be in peak fighting condition, but here's hoping that we don't run into anymore trouble on our way to the city. It's a dangerous move, but we need to gather info and get in touch with anyone that's willing to help. The doctor said that we didn't have to pay him or anything and we went on our merry way.

"I have a bad feeling about today." Ren says breaking the silence after some time, "Yesterday the Empire was all over us trying to cut us down and today their isn't any sign of them. Something's up."

"What makes you say that?" Anna looks over at Ren, "I say we should be thankful that we aren't getting attacked!"

"Last night as I was carrying you, I caught a glimpse of another person shadowing us." Ren closes his eyes trying to remember, "I only caught a small glance of them, but I feel like they're still around us. I'm not trying to get everybody worked up, just stay on alert."

"So be like usual?" I tap my armor. Last night it took a beating. One blast from an Imperial Arms and it nearly shattered it. Thankfully I reinforced it a few weeks ago otherwise I could be dead right now. All I did was get the wind knocked out of me, "Don't worry with you two out of commission for a little bit, I'll be your shield and sword!"

"Don't die." Ren chuckles, "Even as reckless as you are, you're still our brother."

"I gotcha." I laugh and put my arms behind my head. If what Ren is saying is true, then we might be in for another rough day, but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, "Ren you up for catching small game? I think we need to stop for a little bit."

I motion to Anna who's resting on the side of the road. The blow to her head still hasn't fully healed and we need to slow down for her. She's not what she was yesterday.

"I'm fine really." Anna says slowly getting up, "My head just hurts a lot."

"Then we'll walk in the woods," Ren says, "it'll give us cover and some shade. That should help keep you cool."

"Fine fine." Anna cuts off towards the woods.

"Wait." I stop her, "Something isn't right."

This road was busy yesterday before nightfall and today there isn't a single person on it. You'd expect being this close to the city, there'd be a ton of people on it.

"I'm surprised you saw through my trick." A heavily armored man walks out from the shadows, "Not many people can see through it."

He's got a teigu and we aren't ready for any fight. What we need to avoid is a fight. I'll hold off this bastard while the others find shelter.

"I'll hold him off." I look back at the others and unsheathe my great blades. They were specially designed for me. Extremely lightweight and made of light metal's, they make a deadly weapon.

"You're going to hold me off?" He unsheathes a massive blade nearly as tall as he, "Then I, Tilan, will be your executioner. For the Empire, I slay thee!"

He reaches me in an instant. I barely have time to dodge the mighty blade. Their isn't anything special about it; just its reach. If I can get inside its reach, then I might be able to strike a finishing blow before this fight escalates any further. I dodge underneath the sword, but before I could act, the blunt side of the blade hits me square in the back. Why did such a weak blow hurt so much?

"I see you can't even comprehend its power." He slams the blade into the ground, "Every inch of this blade is electrified. Even if I barely touch you, I can jolt you with the electricity. It can also change the layout of my surroundings and if mastered my enemies surroundings. You aren't where you think you are. By impersonating that doctor, I got the information I needed. Somehow you managed to best Naela and I commend you for that. She's a skilled fighter who could wipe out an entire town and yet three kids killed her. What are your motives in this fight?"