The Nightmare: Ren

The yelling and screaming outside finally quieted down. Probably just some drunks who had too much and started fighting each other. The door opens and Anna walks in wearing armor I've never seen before. Was this her project that she was working on? The armor looks like it's made out of scales; wyvern scales. We did kill a wyvern about a year ago. She is smart and must've thought up an idea. Once she thinks of something, she goes after it until she's done. The armor gives off a blue sheen in the light. One of her hands are singed. I sigh; probably from not paying attention. It's a smart move though; wyvern scales are extremely tough to break and my guess is that Anna was tired of getting hurt. Her other hand is bloody, but I don't see any pain in Anna's eyes. She must've gotten in a fight.

"Anna please go wash that blood off." I whisper to her as she sits next to us, "It'll attract attention."

"Ya the blood will attract the attention." She says sarcastically and walks off to the bathroom. Sometimes I hate her for her attitude, but deep down, I will always love her.

"That was her project?" Selan looks over at me, "Why did she keep it a secret this whole time?"

"She must've done more that that armor." I take a drink of water, "Did you see her hand? It was covered in blood, but not her blood. So, she either tested whatever she made or she actually got into a fight and won...fast."

"I wouldn't put it past Anna to start something." Selan sighs as the door to the tavern is slammed open. I look behind me to see a yellow haired woman marching up to the bar.

"Same as usual?" The bartender asks her without looking.

"You know it!" She smiles and looks over at us, "You guys new in town huh!"

She slaps my back and I nearly choke on my water, "Yes, yes we are." I cough out the words, "Mind waiting until I swallow first?"

"Maybe." She gives me a sly smile and downs her drink, "I'm Leone and you must be Ren and Selan. Your trio is getting a lot of people talking."

I stare down at the bar. She's seen the posters yet she doesn't seem hostile at all. Must be another drunk around here; sounds like she's a regular. The fact that our names are starting to get known is dangerous. We risk our lives staying in the city.

"You know you guys are pretty hard to find?" She downs a second drink and gets closer to my face. I shake in my seat. I've never been next to a woman like this at all, "Night Raid isn't looking for a fight. Look the Empire used you and you know it. Your village? That wasn't our fault."

"That may be so, but you killed our parents." I rest my hand on my sword ready for anything, "We want our revenge and if you're associated with Night Raid, then we will have to end your life."

"You really want to fight here?" She puts her hand on mine with force. I look around. She's right, can't risk these lives, "Look all I'm saying is that maybe we can work together to end the Empire. We've seen your skills and even our greatest fighter is scared of your third."

"What do you know?" I look into her yellow eyes. She can't know that much.

"Your sister I presume?" She winks at me, "She nearly killed a friend of mine tonight and he'll live, but she didn't want to fight him. She's just as lethal as-"

"Akame?" I cut her off, "Yeah we know how strong she is. We saw her fight the night the village was attacked. Not only that, but she chased me and my siblings down, but stopped for some reason. We're lucky we're alive to this day."

"I've also heard that you've taken out two users. Is that rumor true?" She takes another drink. I spot Anna leaning against the wall staring at the woman with hatred. I nod to her to show that we know what's up.