Unrelenting Storm: Ren

It's the middle of the night and we survived yet another encounter with the Empire's soldiers. They must be getting fed up with us if they're sending in their lackeys after us. Regular soldiers won't be able to kill us. They'll have to send in people with teigu after us if they want us dead that bad. I've heard of the Jaeger's and how powerful they are. They're commanded by none other than Esdeath. Her teigu is probably the strongest I've ever seen and I only caught a glimpse of it during the attack. Her attack was strong enough to freeze the entire village solid leaving anyone alive encased in ice.

Above, the clouds begin to cover the moon as an approaching storm comes in. The air cools around us as the wind picks up. Something isn't right. This storm feels a bit unnatural to me. I grip the handle of my katana and ready myself for anything. I catch a shadow slicing through the darkness.

"You can come out now." I say calmly, "I know you're there."

"You are as keen as they say." A women's voice rings from the shadows, "For a kid even you could sense me. I applaud you for that."

A shadow appears overhead and I unsheathe my sword blocking a massive hammer. I push up and slice at the women. I can't see her! She's using the storm to her advantage!

"Be on your guard!" I say loudly trying to stay calm, "Fight like a warrior coward!"

"Ooooo I hate that word." I hear laughing all around, "Guess I'll come out now."

A white haired woman Selan's age lands neatly in front of us. She's wearing a ruffled red and black dress. Her eyes shine golden through the darkness.

"I'm Naela." She smiles, "I'll be your killers. And this is my friends, is Manguru. I assure you that you won't survive!"

Naela leaps into the air and comes crashing down with her hammer. She can't move that fast with a hammer that size unless....the hammer is super lightweight. I signal to Selan to move into the trees. He needs to surprise her. I land clumsily. I turn to Anna and nod to her. If she can keep her busy with her speed, then we might be able to defeat her. Then Naela disappears in front of us. Before I know it, I'm sent flying into the trees. The hammer connected with my face. I slowly get up grabbing my head. All I see is red. Damn that hurt a lot! I fall to one knee trying to regain my balance. I hear Anna scream and see her flying through the air. I sprint to her and catch her letting my body slam into another tree. This is one powerful adversary. I'm almost enjoying this, but I do fear for our lives. I look down at Anna. She's unconscious and has blood slowly oozing from her mouth. She needs medical attention now! I lay her on the ground and sprint towards Naela. I swing my blade connecting with the handle of her hammer. I catch a glimpse of Selan making his way to the top of a tree. I'm pushed off balance by Naela's strength and she catches me off balance. Why is she so strong?! I get my footing underneath me and hold her in place while Selan gets into position.

"You think it's that easy?" I realize that she saw through the plan! The end to her hammer opens up and a blast rings through the silent night. The tree Selan's in goes up in flames. Selan's body slams into the ground. Above, the storm cuts loose. This is going to make it tougher for us! I cut downwards hoping to get some kind of opening, but the hammer is so light, that she's already ready for me.

"I'm surprised you're even alive." She smiles at me, "If you'd join us, I'm sure you'd be a great asset to us. All of you would be welcomed into the Empire."

"We would never join someone who's used us as their play toy!" I dash forward and slash at her side. Blood sprays the ground. It's not a lethal wound, but at least it's something.

"You know if that was Akame, I'd be dead now." She laughs, "That's who your after right? The true killer of your parents?"

Akame. So that's her name. I won't forget it. I'll kill Naela here and get my siblings to safety. We need to get our vengeance! I jump into the air and slash down at Naela. She blocks the strike, but I'm ready this time. I use the momentum of the hammer to jump higher into the air unbalancing Naela. I land on the muddy ground in front of her. Blood pools around as she falls to the ground. I look back at the Naela. Thankfully, I was able to destroy the handle of the hammer in half and keep my momentum going. A single slash runs from her face to her stomach.