Spirit: Anna

I should have never used my trump in that last fight. I'm at an even greater risk of losing to this wyvern soul. Since it was my first Teigu I made, it's unstable and extremely experimental. I feel myself becoming more distant from everyone at Night Raid. Today isn't any different from the rest. For now, Ren and I are recovering from the fight with Crow. His Teigu is even stronger than mine and Ren's. I need to make a new Teigu soon or I won't be able to continue the fight against those who robbed me of my peaceful life.

"Mind if I come in?" Akame pokes her head in my room.

"It's not like you to talk." I wave my hand away, "Besides, I'm fine."

"Look," Akame comes in anyways and sits next to me, "don't beat yourself up over a loss."

"It's not the defeat that's getting to me." I look down at the floor, "It's the fact that I'm losing the fight with the spirit inside of me; inside of this seal. I need to make a new Imperial Arms soon, or I won't be able to help fight anymore."

"Then you need to go on a journey to find yourself." Akame gets up and stops at the door, "I'm not sure how Ren will take the news, but you need to go and tell him what you plan on doing."

"I didn't make this-" But Akame had already left the room, "A journey to find myself..."

****One Year Later****

Not much has happened over the year. We all celebrated everyone's birthdays, but I still felt distant from everyone. Najenda has kept me from fighting anyone else except to train. Akame must have told her something when we last talked. It feels as if Akame is looking out for me like a little sister. I look up to her a lot. She's gone through so much because of the Empire when she was growing up. I feel like we get each other. 

I still haven't told Ren about the journey that I'll be taking here soon. I managed to find an old book that contained dragon locations. Dragons are better catalysts for a Teigu, and I won't have to kill one. All I have to do is get the dragon's permission or cooperation. Not only will I be free from this Wyvern spirit, I'll be even stronger with a dragon's spirit inside of me. Now is the time to start this journey. I'll be heading far west into an underground cave system. I hope that the dragon is there. I didn't just spend all this time looking for one to have it end in failure.

After our last party, I quietly slip out of the room and head back to mine to start packing my things. I'm sure that Akame will tell Ren where I'm going. I don't really want to upset Ren more than he is. The fight with Crow made him feel helpless and he's devoted every day to training. Even when he has no one to train with, he still trains. We really are lucky to be alive after that fight. Crow toyed with us. If he wanted to, he could've buried us. 

"Anna," Leone pops her head in, "we're all going to the lake later if you want to go."

"I was going to tell everyone tonight," I stand up and throw my bag over my shoulder, "but I'm going on a journey to find myself. I won't be back for a while."

"Damn," Leone smiles, "we even had a cute swimsuit for you." She stares at me for a moment, "Guess you really are leaving for a while huh?"

"I'm worried about what Ren will say." I stop next to Leone, "If you can, gather everyone. I don't want to keep you all waiting any longer."

"Alright kiddo." She ruffles my hair and walks downstairs. I straighten my hair back as much as possible and follow Leone downstairs.

"Just what do you see in Ren?" I catch up to her, "Why are you so interested?"

"I figured that he needed someone to look after him." She smiles slightly and looks at the floor, "Plus it doesn't hurt that he's cute. Maybe if we find someone for you, you'll be happier like Ren!"