Chapter One

It's finally time! Well you guys I'm super excited to introduce Immortal Affliction to you all! I'm actually really proud of the effort I've been putting into this so I hope you all like it! Tell me what you think loves! You guys are the best! Love, Sami <3

Chapter One:

Harry's POV:

"Happy new year!", me and my three favorite people cheered as we watched the ball drop and the fireworks shoot up into the air.

I kissed Zayn for quite a while before Louis rolled his eyes and groaned, "Could you two go get a room or something?"

I pulled away from my extremely pale yet beautiful boyfriend and laughed, "Sorry Louis. I think I might just be a little tipsy."

We were all huddled up at our beach house drinking champagne and talking about how fast the past year had gone by. Of course Zayn, Louis and Niall couldn't really get drunk but I on the other hand was far more than capable of doing so.

Zayn smiled, "Maybe you should go to bed darling. I don't want you to be too hung over in the morning. You said that you wanted to go out shopping."

I sighed, "I'm ok Zayn. I just want to stay up with you guys and have a good time. It's not fair that you all never sleep and you try to put me in bed so early all of the time." I crossed my arms and pouted.

I knew Zayn knew that I was just messing around but much to my delight he scooted closer to me on the couch and planted a gentle kiss on the top of my head, "Fine. You can stay up. I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I know. And that's why I love you!" I smiled and pecked him on the lips making him smile in return.

Louis groaned again, "Seriously guys! You're so gross and corny! It's disgusting!"

Niall hugged Louis, "Don't be so grumpy mister. Maybe you should be more like they are. Zayn is always doing romantic things for Harry."

"What? I don't do romantic things for you?"

Niall gave Louis a skeptical look, "Did you really just ask that?"

Louis stood up and put his hands on his hips, "Hey! I do romantic things! Just yesterday I went out and killed a posh woman in a Porsche for you!"

My smile faded and I shuddered at the thought of Louis killing a person and Niall draining the blood from its lifeless body. I still wasn't quite used to that part of this life.

Zayn noticed my discomfort and leaned down to whisper in my ear while Niall and Louis still fought about romanticism in the background, "Come outside with me."

I nodded and quickly sighed when Zayn was already out the door in a flash (literally). I stood up from the couch and walked out of the back door where I saw Pyro and Mavis (our dog and cat) rolling around in the cool beach sand. I smiled at the two then made my way over to where Zayn was standing by the edge of the water.

"It wouldn't kill you to walk at a human's pace you know."

I came up behind him and rested my head on his shoulder as he chuckled, "Sorry love. I'm still not used to the slowness of your kind."

"You know you were human once too. It's not like I'm the weird one in this relationship. My kind is all over this world. Way more of us than there are of you."

He nodded, "True. But we could always destroy the lot of you if we really wanted to." As I was about to respond he cut me off, "I know love. You don't like me talking about destroying human kind."

I laughed, "You know me so well."

He turned around to face me before wrapping his strong arms around my waist, "This has been one of the best years of my life."

"Mine too Zaynie."

He snickered, "Well that's hardly anything compared to the time I've spent alive."

"Maybe.", I shrugged. "But I still cherish it."

We stood in silence for a little while just enjoying each other's presence and admiring the fact that we both had someone that we loved so much. I reached up to play with the tiny glass vial hanging from the long chain on my neck. No matter what I was doing I never took it off. It was a symbol of our love and I knew that it meant a lot to Zayn. It meant that we were soul mates. And it meant that we would never be alone as long as we were alive (or undead in Zayn's case).

I snuggled closer into Zayn's chest and sighed happily, "I don't care if you're a cold creature of the night. You're so damn cuddly."

He laughed, "Do you always have to refer to me as that? I don't make fun of your wimpy human muscles or your love of pizza."

"True. But you do make fun of how much I eat."

He kissed me, "Well you eat more than anyone I've ever known. I don't think eating pizza all of the time is the best thing for your body."

"Well to me feasting on raw meat isn't good for your body so I think we can just agree to disagree on this argument."

"Touché" We both laughed a bit then Zayn backed up a step to look into my eyes, "You know you have the most beautiful eyes in the whole world. They're so beautiful."

I blushed and looked down at the sand but Zayn pulled my gaze back up to his. I shook my head and he looked confused, "What?"

"I just can't believe that you're standing in front of me. Like how did I get so lucky?"

He shrugged, "You just looked delicious." I gently hit him on the arm and he smiled, "Well it's true. You were the most succulent thing I had seen in a very long time."

"I should've been the most succulent thing that you've ever seen."

He pulled me in for a quick hug, "Don't worry love. You're the only one that I want."

Zayn picked me up and sat on the ground setting me on his lap. I still would never understand how he was so strong whether he was a vampire or not. It just baffled me that he could lift anything without breaking a sweat.

"Harry. I need to ask you something."

I looked back at him, "Anything, love."

"Well we've officially been soul mates for a year now and I know that this isn't something that I ever planned on doing but I know it's what you've been wanting."

My eyes went wide, "Are we gonna have sex?!"

Zayn nervously shook his head, "No. You know that we can't do that."

I sighed, "I know. Sorry. Go on."

"Well..." He fumbled in his coat pocket, "Close your eyes. I did as I was told and only seconds later he told me to open them again.

I looked down at his hands where a little box was resting. He motioned for me to take it so I hesitantly reached for it and opened it slowly revealing a gold ring.

"Harry. Will you marry me?"

"What?!" I shot up from my spot on his lap. "Is that even a legit question?!"

I jumped back down to his lap and folded my arms around his neck so tightly that if he was human he would probably be choked to death.

He hugged me, "Is that a yes?"

I nodded, "Yes! Of course it's a yes!"

As we were embracing each other in the sand I head Louis' voice come from the back door, "Well look at that. We missed the proposal because you wanted to argue about my romantic abilities."

"It was your fault!" I laughed at the Irish man trying to defend himself.

Zayn chuckled, "We may be getting more mature but those two sure aren't."

I smiled, "I like our little family. I can't wait to celebrate with them."

Zayn leaned in for another kiss and we laid in the moonlight together to share this special moment.