Chapter Thirteen.

Sorry that it’s been a little while since I last updated guys. I’ve been busy lately but thank you all so much for being so patient. :] I hope you like this chapter and I should have another one up in a few days! You guys are great! Love you all! Love, Sami <3

Chapter Thirteen:

Thursday: February 19, 2015

Harry’s POV:

“No Zayn.”, I furrowed my brows and push away his hand that was holding the glass filled with the thick red liquid.

He sighed, “Harry you need to drink this. If you don’t feed then you’ll die.”

I shook my head, “It’s been two days and I feel perfectly fine without it. I’m sure that I’ll cope.”

That wasn’t necessarily the complete and honest truth. I had some pretty bad stomach pains that begun only just a few hours after the first time he made me drink the fluid. They started off just feeling like a normal stomach ache but they began feeling like I was being stabbed from the inside out. I knew that this was something that I should tell Zayn but he would just force blood down my throat and I was trying to avoid that for as long as I could. Maybe eventually I would have to get used to drinking it but at this moment I was completely disgusted by the mere thought of it.

“Harry please just do this for me.” I couldn’t see him but I could practically hear the sadness in his voice.

I ran my hand through my hair and groaned, “I don’t even know why I have to do this. Why can’t there be another way for me to survive?”

I saw the orange glow (that I had come to realize was Zayn) come closer to me and I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. “I know that you don’t understand what’s happening here love. Maybe if I explain some things it would help you?” I nodded and he placed a kiss on the top of my head. “Ok babe.” I scooted over on the bed so that there was room for both of us and he nestled in close before speaking up again, “Alright beautiful. What would you like to know?”

I shrugged, “Everything. Why do I need to feed so often when you only have to feed once every few weeks? Why am I in so much pain? Why won’t you let me leave this bed? How long am I gonna be confined? I just have so many questions that need to be answered.”

He rubbed small circles into my leg, “You need to feed more than me because you’re a newborn. It’s gonna take a little while for us to figure out what your feeding pattern needs to be like. Most newborns need to feed at least three times a day but some only need to feed once every week. It just depends on your body really. Now where is the pain that you’re feeling?”

“Here.” I pointed to my legs and then to my stomach. “And here.”

“Your legs are probably just cramped from the lack of movement and your stomach hurts because you keep refusing your feedings. They’re very important.” There was a moment of silence and he continued to talk, “I don’t want you to leave your bed yet because you’re blind as a bat. I don’t want you getting hurt. If you really want to though we’ll go out in a little while when the sun sets. The sunlight is much more uncomfortable for a newborn.”

“Thank god.” I laid my head back against the headboard and sighed, “I hate sitting here doing nothing all of the time. Especially since I can’t sleep anymore. It’s like this bed is taunting me.”

Zayn chuckled, “When I was your age beds really weren’t that great.”

“Don’t say things like that. It makes me feel like I’m dating my great great great great grandparents.”

He laughed again, “Maybe I am your great great great great grandfather.”

“Would there happen to be a bathroom nearby because I’m about to puke all over the place.”

Zayn chuckled and pulled me in for a hug, “Oh I’m just messing with you darling. I don’t have any kids anyway.”

“Good.”

Zayn pushed our lips together and my whole body was rid of any tension that was lingering before. We hadn’t kissed since I had woken up but damn was it wonderful. I had forgotten how great of a kisser that he was until now.

Once he broke the kiss I slumped against him and sighed, “I missed your kisses.”

“You missed them? I’ve gone almost two weeks without your lips!”

“Well if you missed them so much then why didn’t you kiss me sooner?”

I felt him get up, “I don’t need to take this emotional abuse from you Styles!”

He began to walk out of the room and I yelled, “Zayn no! I’m sorry!”

In a second he was back at my side, “I was just joking love.” I squealed as he picked me up bridal style and began spinning me around. He carefully let me down so I was standing but my legs were asleep and I almost fell to the floor before Zayn’s arms wrapped around me. “You ok babe?”

I nodded, “Just haven’t walked in a while.”

He kissed my cheek, “Let me help you. Put your feet on mine.” I carefully placed my feet on top of his and he placed his hands in mine. “Now dance with me.”

We began to slowly waltz around the room with my feet on his and his soft humming filling in the silence that was lingering between us. He picked up the pace and soon I was a giggling mess. We danced and danced for what seemed to be hours but was only five minutes or so and I wish this would be our lives every day. Just me and my fiancé waltzing around our bedroom for hours on end as we laughed and talked about everything and anything.

“I love you so much Zay-“ I was cut off by a terrible pain in the stomach and I would’ve fallen on the floor if it wasn’t for Zayn holding me in his arms.

He carried me to the bed and laid me down before brushing the back of his hand against my forehead. “Harry you’re burning up. Please drink this.”

I knew what he was handing me but I didn’t want it. I didn’t want to have to succumb to that but the pain in my abdomen was getting worse and worse with every second and I could hear the worry in Zayn’s voice as he pleaded me to drink it.

I shakily reached for the glass and put it up to my lips as I breathed in the scent of the crimson fluid. I took in a deep breath before tilting the cup and letting the thick plasma fill my mouth. I cringed at the first drop but soon the glass was empty and I was licking my lips begging for more.

Zayn sat next to me and put my head in his lap to calm me down as he ran his fingers through my curls. “It’s ok baby. You’re ok.”

I wanted to sleep. I wanted to forget about everything and just sleep. It absolutely terrified me to think that my body was so driven by blood that my mind couldn’t even control it. I didn’t like being taken over by these needs but Zayn was right about it all. I did need this and until I learned to control everything I was gonna have to just deal with it.

Once I stopped shaking and my mind wasn’t clouded I spoke up, “Why do I see lights?”

“What love?”

“Why do I see lights but not anything else?”

Zayn shifted so that I was now sitting up next to him, “You see lights?”

I nodded, “Yea. Like instead of people I see a glow. You’re orange, Pyros yellow, Louis is blue, Niall is green…I don’t know. It’s just really weird.”

“I need to go talk to Louis. I’ll be right back.”

And without another word he was out of the room leaving me with only my thoughts.