Chapter Nine.

New chapter! Well I don’t know how I feel about this one. Just let me know what you guys think. :] Thanks for reading my lovely people. Love, Sami <3

Chapter Nine:

Tuesday: February 10, 2015

Zayn’s POV:

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. I didn’t want to do this. I didn’t even want to think about doing this but I knew that it was the only way. I had let this all sink in for the past couple of days and I had tried to think of another way to fix all of this but it was inevitable. There was no getting passed this. I felt so selfish right now. Even though Harry had told me multiple times that he had wanted to be turned I was really doing this for me. I needed him to be with me and that was the only way that I could make it happen.

I was standing over Harry while he still lay unconscious in his hospital bed. I had sent Louis and Niall back to the apartment so I could have some room to think about everything. I loved having them by my side, especially at times like this, but right now I was so frustrated that I knew I would kill the both of them if they spoke a word that got on my nerves.

I kneeled down where I was standing and took Harry’s hand in mine, “Harry. I know that you won’t be able to answer me and I really don’t even know if you can hear me but I love you. I’m sorry about all of this. I really am. I’m gonna get you out of this place now. I’m gonna take you back home so you can rest there. I’m gonna make sure you have many more years to live. I won’t let you die like this. I won’t.”

I kissed his hand and quickly began to detach him from all of the machines around his bed. I heard nurses running down the hall as the machines began to beep and I knew I didn’t have much time. I broke the window and wrapped Harry up in a blanket before carrying him outside. The weather was still awful and if I wasn’t careful then he would die before we even made it to the apartment. Thank god I was fast. Being immortal sure did have its perks.

I raced through the apartment and Louis and Niall followed me into our bedroom as I gently placed Harry on the large bed. I gently removed the hospital blankets from around him and turned towards Louis.

“I need the both of you to go get some blood. Once he wakes up from the turning he’s going to need something to keep him from crashing.”

They both nodded, “Ok.”

Louis put his hand on my shoulder, “You sure you want to do this alone mate?”

I shook my head, “No. But I need to. We’ll be ok here. Go on.”

Within seconds the pair was gone and I turned my attention back to Harry. There were so many things that could go wrong here. Not all turnings were actually successful and it killed me to think that something bad could happen to him. I had to try though because he would die if I didn’t. There was no reason not to take this risk.

I removed the thin hospital gown that was covering his front and threw it to the side. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and some boxer briefs from the closet and slipped them on him. I wanted him to be as comfortable as possible when he woke up. I woke up extremely unpleasantly and I didn’t want that for him.

I stared at him for a few moments taking in his human appearance then got an idea. I walked over to the nightstand and pulled out his camera. I snapped a picture of him and turned off the camera before setting it back down. I wanted to remember what he looked like before he was turned. Although people generally look the same after turning they still had a different air to them. I didn’t ever want to forget his tan complexion or the pinkness of his lips. What I would miss the most though was his piercing green eyes. They made my heart melt and knowing I would never see them again evoked sadness within me.

I ran my hand through his curly locks then gently pushed his head to the side so I had a good angle of the veins running through his neck. I sighed, “Ok babe. Here we go. Stay with me.”

I closed my eyes and sunk my teeth into his neck with much hesitation. My body would try to reject the blood but I had to build up enough strength to ignore it. His blood had tasted just as delicious as I had remembered it being. The red liquid slid down my throat with ease but soon nausea began to take over. His blood began to thicken and I could’ve sworn that I was going to throw up but then it all just stopped. I felt a twinge of relief run through my whole body and the nauseous feeling was replaced with an incredible feeling of adoration. Everything felt right and good with the world.

I didn’t know how I knew when to stop but something told me to pull away from my beloved. My eyes grew wide as I stepped back and examined the new paleness of his body. It seemed as if he was almost glowing. But then I noticed that he actually was glowing. I shook my head and stood above him as I saw colors flowing around him. It looked like the aurora borealis was surrounding him. I watched as it stayed prominent for a few moments then slowly faded away making the room become dark again. I had noticed that his breathing had stopped which was expected since we didn’t need to do so. I wasn’t sure if the process had worked until I came closer to him and saw the tips of his new fangs were poking out of his gums. I sighed in relief and sat on the edge of the bed. It was normal for a newborn to not wake up right after being turned and so now all I could do was wait and hope for the best.