Chapter Eighteen.

Guys I am not fond of this chapter but I'm having major writers block with this story. So until I get my vampire mojo back I think I'm going to write a series of one shots. They'll be different books that are separated into the different ships that way you guys don't have to add lilo one shots into your library if all you want are Zarry one shots. I'm kinda just rambling now. Lol. So sorry about that. But yea. Those will be up on my page in a little while. This story is not going on hiatus. I imagine it will only take a few weeks for me to get back in the swing of things. Thank you all for reading. I love you so much my darlings! Love, Sami <3

Chapter Eighteen:

Friday: March 20, 2015

Zayn's POV:

Research. Research. And more research. That's all I had been doing for a few weeks now and I was getting ready to slam my head into a wall. We all had been trying to figure out more about Harry and his odd turning but none of us were able to find anything. I told Louis time and time again that no book would give us the information that we needed. The only way we would ever make any progress is if we went and found someone who understood it. All I really wanted to do was go find Liam and beat the information out of him but I knew that I couldn't do that until Harry was more comfortable. I didn't want to leave him while he was in such a vulnerable state and it was even worse with the thought that he could kill another human. It's not that I thought taking a human's life was a horrible thing because I honestly thought that most humans were worthless. But Harry would hate himself if he ever found out that he did something like that. Unlike most newborns, Harry had emotions. He could feel happiness and sadness and anger and regret. For most reasons that was definitely a good thing but when it came to hunting it kind of sucked.

The day after Harry's first hunting incident we all went out again, careful not to split up this time. Harry was having quite a difficult time concentrating and so I helped him out a bit with his hunting. I spotted a young deer not too far from us so I killed it for him and when he put his mouth on the neck of the animal he made a funny face and threw up all over the place. Not only did he not get anything to feed on that day but he was also queasy for the remainder of the night. It may not have been a great experience for him but if he remembered the first hunt then he definitely would have preferred the throwing up. Louis kept teasing about it until one day Harry was feeling a bit over sensitive and started to cry. Anyway, enough about the events of the past few weeks.

I was currently sitting in the backyard with books sprawled about as I watched Louis trying to teach Harry how to manipulate his powers better. The two were always bickering about something and although sometimes they got a little carried away with the fights it was actually quite amusing.

"Just think harder already!"

"If I think any harder my head is going to fucking explode Louis!"

Louis groaned and threw his hands in the air, "Ugh! You're impossible!" My best friend stomped over to me and plopped onto the ground with his arms crossed, "Your boyfriend is a fucking twat."

I chuckled, "Well then maybe he is learning something from you."

Louis rolled his eyes, "Don't start with me Malik. I'm doing my best to help him and he just isn't understanding a thing that I'm telling him."

"You're doing it wrong."

"What?"

I shrugged, "You're doing it wrong. Harry is more hands on. You can't just stand there and yell at him and hope that something will come to him."

"Well if you're so damn good at it then why don't you teach him?", he motioned to my sulking boyfriend.

"Alright." I got up off of the ground and made my way over to Harry. He had his arms limp at his sides and I wiped my thumb under his eyes as a tear came rolling down his cheek. "Hey don't cry babe. You're doing well. Louis is just a big jackass."

"No. He's right Zayn. I can't do anything right."

I tilted his chin up and pressed a kiss to his lips, "You can. I know you can. You just need to think about it a different way." I tapped my chin as I began running through ways that I could help Harry. There wasn't much I knew about manipulation but there had to be some way that he could advance his powers. "You know, when I was turned it took me a few years to figure out my abilities."

My boyfriend 'looked' up at me, "Really?"

I nodded, "Yup. At first I thought that I was destined to not have any but once I figured it out I didn't want to quit on it. I was endlessly training so that I could be as powerful as Louis was. Though my powers aren't as awesome as manipulation is it's still very useful. Once you figure out the best way for you to learn then you'll be great. You'll be able to conquer anything."

Harry smiled, "You think so?"

"I know so. You've got potential kid."

He laughed, "Don't call me kid. It's weird."

I laughed with him then smiled, "Alright. Now back to business. For me it's easier to learn by imagining myself doing something. Like instead of forcing my body to react a certain way to something I just close my eyes and picture me doing it. Sometimes it helps to think of a way to make it happen. Does that make sense?"

Harry nodded, "Yea. I'll try."

I stood there and stared at him for a few moments before I felt an odd rumbling happening beneath me. My eyes widened as the ground began to quake and the trees started to sway back and forth uncontrollably. Harry's eyes were now opened now and his brow was furrowed as he was deep in thought. I looked down at my feet and saw that the earth was beginning to crack below me and I glanced over at Louis who was now standing up and motioning for me to come over to him.

I quickly ran to him and he pointed at Harry, "Is he doing this?"

I slowly nodded, "I think so. I don't know how though."

"You really think he's that powerful? Like what if he's as powerful as Liam?"

I look at Louis, "Is that even possible?"

He shrugged, "I don't know but if his powers are this strong now I can only imagine what he'll be able to do when he's been around for as long as we have."

Suddenly the world grew quiet again and Harry fell down to his knees. I ran over to him and placed a hand on his back. "Harry, are you ok?"

He let out a breathy laugh, "Yea. Did I do good?"

I placed a kiss on his forehead, "You did great baby."

A small smile appeared on his face and then he fainted into my arms without another word.