Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey guys! I feel like a lot happened in this chapter. Lol. If anyone has any questions about anything I would love to answer them. I think I tend to leave out details sometimes but I'm trying my best. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter! There are only two left! Love, Sami

November 15, 2015

Harry's POV:

Kill Zayn? Kill Zayn? Is this guy serious right now? I would rather kill myself than kill the beauty before me. 

"Haz...", Zayn mumbled. "Do it."

I shook my head, "No! I can't! I won't!"

Zayn's voice came out soft, "It'll be ok, H. I won't hate you. If you don't kill me he's just going to torture me. He'll force you to watch as he starves me and beats me. You have to kill me."

I couldn't believe that Zayn was saying this right now. Asking me to kill him? The man must be out of his damn mind! He was the love of my life! I would be nothing without him. There was a way to prevent this from happening. There had to be. 

I sifted through all of the thoughts running through my mind. Ways that I could fix this mess and how I could possibly make it all just go away. Every possibility seemed like it was too far fetched. All but one.

I hung my head in defeat. I couldn't beat Simon. Thinking that I could was a stupid mistake. He was strong and intelligent and had been a vampire way longer than I had been. I couldn't beat him. Especially alone. 

I knelt down on the ground with my palm against the cold, damp dirt. The ring was holding me back from doing too much but I had just enough energy to put into the earth. I slowly pulled my hand up from the ground clenching the newly formed stone stake in my hand as I stood up. I hesitantly walked towards where Zayn was on the cave floor. My hands were shaking and I felt like a rock was sitting on my chest. 

Simon laughed, "That's right Harry. Do as you're told. Kill him and I will give you everything you could ever want. Be my right hand man and we can rule everything together."

I tried not to listen to the words that were spewing out of Simon's mouth because honestly I didn't want to fucking hear them. I wasn't here for him or for the lies that I knew he was telling. I was here for one reason.

"I want you to leave my friends and family alone and I want this damn ring far away from me. After I finish your plan I want my freedom. I don't want to see you ever again." 

"My boy, if you kill the man that you love I will give you everything.", I heard the amusement in Simon's voice.

"Stand up.", I shakily demanded. Zayn did as he was told and I caressed the side of his face. Just one last time. I had to feel him just once more. "I love you, Z. I will always love you."

I felt him give me a small smile, "I love you too, Hazza. Forever."

I kissed him, possibly feeling his soft lips on mine for the last time. I wanted this to last forever but I knew that it couldn't. I knew what I had to do and now was my only chance. 

I brought the stake up to his torso and with a trembling hand drove it fast and hard through his chest. I heard him cough, blood splattering across my face. He fell to his knees in front of me, his arm landing on my foot. I closed my eyes and tears began to fall down my cheeks. I could hear him gasping for life, trying to hold on to the little energy he had left. 

I pulled myself together, now was not the time to mourn, "Now give me what I want. Remove this bloody thing from my hand." 

There was silence but I saw an aura that didn't belong to Simon walking over to me. I held out my arm in front of me and felt them grab my hand. Just as the ring was touched a horrible screaming came from the man as he removed it. It sounded like he was being burned alive and it smelled of it as well. 

"What happened?", I looked towards Simon so he knew I was directing the question at him.

"That ring is a powerful relic passed down from the original vampires. It was used to torture those who fought against our beliefs. Any vampire who touches it is likely to die but then there's you. I wanted to test your powers and you are a very strong boy. Your powers exceed even the greatest vampires to ever exist. Together we will figure out why."

I nodded, "I would like to learn all that I can about my powers."

I could feel my energy pouring back into my body now that the stupid ring wasn't touching me anymore. I began to feel more like myself and a lot less like a puppet. 

Simon spoke, "Let's go talk about the next step. We can work it all out."

I carefully stepped around Zayn's body and next to Simon. He put his arm around my shoulders and I clenched my fist angrily. I focused as hard as I could and without any hesitation I threw Simon across the cave, smashing into a wall. 

He growled, "You'll regret that you little brat!"

"Liam!", I yelled. "Get Zayn out of here!"

Liam came out of the tunnel that I knew he was hiding in and picked up Zayn from the ground. I focused my attention back to Simon who I was sure was going to decapitate me the first chance he got. I put all of my energy into my palms and blew him back against the wall using my new found air powers. 

In the long run it was pretty stupid of him to train the most powerful vampire he had ever met to make them even more powerful especially when he knew how much I hated him. Liam and I had been communicating with each other for a while now trying to plan our attack. I wanted Zayn to be safe and Liam felt that he owed him. 

Simon came back at me faster than I anticipated making me fall back onto the hard floor. "You're gonna wish you never betrayed me!"

I put me hands up as if my own flesh and bone could protect me from Simon's fury. I closed me eyes waiting for him to stab me in the heart or rip my face off but then there was just yelling. I could see his aura changing colors, fading out from red to black to orange to yellow. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't know how much time I had left to finish this fight so I ran over to where the small bright white aura was glowing on the ground. I clenched the ring in my hand and ran over to where Simon was screaming. 

As I felt around for his hand I could feel the heat coming off of his skin, now realizing that my powers must have protected me with fire. I had no time to think further as I took the ring that was sucking the energy from my palm and thrusted it onto his finger. 

"Fuck", I shouted as I felt a hot blast hit me and sent me flying to the other side of the room. I couldn't hear anything and the auras began to get hazy as my eyes slowly closed.