Chapter Twenty Five.

I'm on an updating spree this week guys! This book is almost done and so I want to know if you all would rather I write a third book for this series or just start a completely new book! Please comment on this and let me know your thoughts! If enough of you want a third book then I shall deliver! Enjoy the chapter and thanks for reading! Love, Sami

October 16, 2015

Zayn's POV:

I stood inside the kitchen leaning again the small refrigerator drinking a small glass of blood and vodka before the hard day of training with Harry. The days had seemed to be getting longer. Especially with the possibility of death on our heels. I knew that everyone wanted me to lighten up a bit but I couldn't afford to stop being cautious. I had to protect my family at all costs and if that meant being less fun for a little while then that's what I had to do. Harry and I were getting married in two days and that alone was enough to be stressing about. There was so much that had to be done to make everything perfect for him and I was determined to get it all done.

My train of thought was broken when I saw Harry walking into the kitchen with a suspicious smirk on his face. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He giggled, "Like what?"

I looked at him skeptically, "Harry what is going on?" I noticed he had his hands behind his back and his smirk was only getting more suspicious. 

"I can't wait anymore!", he yelled as he held out his hands in front of me. "Happy anniversary Z!", Harry shouted. "I couldn't really leave the house but I tried my best to get you something good!"

"Anniversary? It's..." I thought about what day it was, "The 16th of October."

Harry nodded, "I know!"

"Harry the 16th is not our anniversary."

"Yes it is! It's the day you kidnapped me, tried to feed on me, and held me hostage because you couldn't stomach my blood!"

Ok. Now this was getting weird. Did he know what an anniversary actually was? "Uh...Haz, I wouldn't count that as an anniversary. Not really much of a celebratory day. You hated me and I was an absolute jerk to you. I tried to eat you."

He laughed, "Zayn it changed my life and of course it was terrifying then but now I consider one of the best days of my life! It was two years ago! Forgive and forget! Now please don't make me force you to take this gift."

I carefully took the small box from his hands and pulled the red ribbon to untie it. I slowly picked up the lid of the box and my eyes grew wide. Inside was a gold ring with a small ruby on the inside. I placed the container on the counter and carefully took the ring out of it.

"Haz...It's beautiful."

"You really think so?", he smiled. "Here let me help you!" He grabbed the ring out of my hand and placed it on my left ring finger. "It can be your engagement ring! It took a long time to make but I finally got it! I couldn't see it obviously so I had some help figuring things out but I've been told it looks good!"

I pulled him into a tight hug, "You made this?"

He nodded, "Yea. Do you like it?"

"I love it, Haz! How did you do this? It's amazing!"

He shrugged, "I don't know. Liam taught me mostly. He said he knew someone who could do it when he was younger. When I told everyone that we were gonna get married soon he offered to help out a bit considering I don't really go anywhere."

"Well...that was nice of him. I guess I'll, uh, have to thank him." 

Harry smiled a bit and kissed me softly, "I can't wait for our wedding. It's gonna be great. Just us and our family." 

"I've pretty much gotten everything done. Just a few more things and the wedding will be exactly how you imagined it to be."

"You're the best Zaynie. I would be nothing without you."

I shook my head, "That's not true. You would still me a wretched human. Probably eating kale and wasting your money on ridiculous things like tanning."

He punched my arm lightly and chuckled, "First of all, kale is pretty good once you get used to it and second, I didn't tan."

"Yea, sure you didn't." I pinched his cheek and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Ready to start training, Harry?", Liam's voice came from around the corner. "Oh." He stopped when he saw that I was standing with Harry. "I'm sorry. I can come back." 

He started to leave the kitchen and I sighed, "Liam, wait." 

"Huh?", he turned around probably shocked that I had just spoken to him.

"Thanks for uh...helping Harry with the uh...", I pointed to the ring on my finger.

Liam gave me a small smile, "No problem."

I watched as he walked out of the house and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I was getting used to Liam being around but I certainly still wasn't too fond of it. Thanking him felt way out of hand but I was pretty sure it was because I hated his guts and not because he didn't deserve a 'thank you'. 

"I'm glad you and Liam are getting less tense.", Harry grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. "Now let's go train! I'm excited to get out there!" 

A few hours of training had passed and the sun was getting ready to rise over the horizon. The air was particularly chilly today and it was windier than it normally was. Harry was having harder time trying to learn new techniques because of the bad weather but he wasn't going to give up any time soon. 

"He's doing pretty good today considering how bad it is out here."

I nodded at my best friend, "Yea. I'm proud of him. He's come a long way."

Louis put his arm around my shoulders and smiled, "Yes he has." After a few moments of silence he looked at me with a smug look on his face, "So, how was the sex?"

"W-what are you talking about?", I stuttered trying to keep my cool. 

He laughed, "Oh please. We all know about your little rendezvous the other night. Do you think we're stupid?"

I ran my hand through my hair. Conversations like this made me a bit on the awkward side and Louis knew that. "It was fine."

"Just fine?", he teased.

"No. I mean it was...good. Really good." I could feel myself becoming more awkward so I punched him in the arm. "Just shut up already. I don't question you about your sex life."

"That's only because I haven't been abstinent for the last 1000 years!"

I groaned, "It has not been 1000 years, Louis!" 

If it was possible for him to die from laughing then I was sure he'd be dead by now. Louis always thought he was just the funniest guy around and I supposed that was true unless you were the one he was making fun of. 

"I-I'm sorry, Z. I just can't c-control myself.", he choked out between his laughter. 

I crossed my arms, "Well fuck you, you wanker."

"Oh you know I'm just fuckin with you mate.", he said as he patted me on the back. "I'm happy for you and Harry. You guys deserve all the happiness in the world."

"Thanks Lou. So do you and Ni." We smiled at each other happily. I don't think either of us ever thought that we could be so happy but here we are. Our little family together just like it should be. 

I heard a faint ringing noise in my ear and turned to Louis, "Hey do you hear that?"

He nodded, "Yea. I don't kn-."

We both began to scream and hold our heads in pain. I felt like my head was going to explode at any given second. I fell to the ground, my eyes squeezed shut as if it was going to somehow stop the pain radiating through my body. I had an uneasy feeling and used all of my strength to open my eyes. I scanned the area of our yard seeing Liam, Niall and Louis on the ground as well. The pain that I was feeling before felt like a mild headache compared to the pain I got when I had the sudden realization:

Harry was gone.